Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've been unfaithful and started checking out the 2014 IS250 and i'm having a hard time denying that i may like it just as much as the CLA250 i pre-ordered, the main deterrant from really giving it a good look is the fact that spec-ed out with the same stuff it comes out to almost 7K more than the CLA, any thoughts? bring me back to the light gentlemen!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
so i've been unfaithful and started checking out the 2014 IS250 and i'm having a hard time denying that i may like it just as much as the CLA250 i pre-ordered, the main deterrant from really giving it a good look is the fact that spec-ed out with the same stuff it comes out to almost 7K more than the CLA, any thoughts? bring me back to the light gentlemen!
Have you driven the IS250? Test drive it and assuming CLA250 will be ready for test drives soon, drive that and that should help you before your preorder CLA arrives. I know your on a CLA forum but test drive both and do what's good for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
You do have a problem. The IS250 is insanely nice looking. I saw one for the first time last month and I was smittened. It is expensive and uses the old, inefficient 6 cylinder soon to be phased out. I believe a strong Turbo four is on the way, perhaps for 2015 just like the current BMW 528i had the old six for part of 2010 before all switching to their 240 hp Turbo four.
Your options:
1) Buy the CLA and never look at a competitor ( BMW 4 series, Audi A3, IS250, Infinity Q50 etc)
2) Buy the CLA, keep looking and be unhappy you got the CLA
3) Cancel your CLA order and get jealous over all those damn CLA owners
4) Cancel your CLA, wait a year, test drive all the above mentioned cars. And if you still like the CLA, buy it for less money than you would pay now because of discount and get back up camera for free as mandated by law
5) Buy a stripped CLA. None of the above mentioned car will be close in price. Knowing you are paying $10k less compared to say a Lexus IS250 will make you a happier owner.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
You do have a problem. The IS250 is insanely nice looking. I saw one for the first time last month and I was smittened. It is expensive and uses the old, inefficient 6 cylinder soon to be phased out. I believe a strong Turbo four is on the way, perhaps for 2015 just like the current BMW 528i had the old six for part of 2010 before all switching to their 240 hp Turbo four.
Your options:
1) Buy the CLA and never look at a competitor ( BMW 4 series, Audi A3, IS250, Infinity Q50 etc)
2) Buy the CLA, keep looking and be unhappy you got the CLA
3) Cancel your CLA order and get jealous over all those damn CLA owners
4) Cancel your CLA, wait a year, test drive all the above mentioned cars. And if you still like the CLA, buy it for less money than you would pay now because of discount and get back up camera for free as mandated by law
5) Buy a stripped CLA. None of the above mentioned car will be close in price. Knowing you are paying $10k less compared to say a Lexus IS250 will make you a happier owner.
Damn. Nice work outsider. I think you covered all the bases. ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Agree...such an individual choice and the only right one is the one that makes you happy. I have a BMW but not crazy about the new body style. Didn't care for IS250 interior but like the new sport styling. A3 is too late because lease it up at end of 2013. Actually love new Q50. It is like mission control inside and has a really nice engine. If the CLA disappoints when it gets here, I will probably go with Q50 but hoping the CLA delivers on all fronts.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I spent this morning at a Lexus Drive event here in Seattle. We got to fling an IS 250F and an IS 350F around a cone marked course. Got to say the IS's performed very well. They also let us drive an Audi A4, a BMW 3, and a Mercedes C350. The Audi was impressive. The BMW was so-so. The C350 was pitiful. It was by far the easiest to break traction with and clearly the least appealing from a performance/handling point of view.

That said, I'm counting the days until my CLA is here! I don't expect it to perform like the Lexus machines or even the Audi. But it WILL do just what I want and expect. That "follow your heart" advice says a lot...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Actually, it's called a DISCUSSION. And, if you're not up for that, maybe you should be on the CRISIS forum...
Ohhhhhhhhhhh....first of all it was a damn joke. No need to be a f**cking idiot over what I posted. If there was a crisis discussion you'd be the first to join because that's exactly what you would be going thru!!!

·
Registered
896 Posts
I'm def eyeing the Q50 asap if the 45 fails my test drive...

But I really hope the cla delivers!

Sent from my using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
20 Posts
I doubt the CLA45 will disappoint. :) I am looking at the CLA250 so the engine is not nearly as powerful as the 45 so easy jump to Q50 if test drive doesn't go well. I have a BMW 328i now so suspect it will have similar pick up. That being said, I am really excited for the CLA to get here because from what i have seen so far in pics....I really think I will love it.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Ohhhhhhhhhhh....first of all it was a damn joke. No need to be a f**cking idiot over what I posted. If there was a crisis discussion you'd be the first to join because that's exactly what you would be going thru!!!
You see baadmon my friend, it is in many ways a crisis because similar to marriage, the wrong decision could mean long term ( ok, short to intermediate term) unhappiness, stress, perhaps even anger and self doubt. It can have negative impact on self esteem, social behavior, family harmony and potentially, financial burden - in the CLA case, quoting someone in the forum, 3,000,000 penny's worth...

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
You see baadmon my friend, it is in many ways a crisis because similar to marriage, the wrong decision could mean long term ( ok, short to intermediate term) unhappiness, stress, perhaps even anger and self doubt. It can have negative impact on self esteem, social behavior, family harmony and potentially, financial burden - in the CLA case, quoting someone in the forum, 3,000,000 penny's worth...
Roflmao?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Good thing that CLA 45 AMG doesn't come with this disease that brings about unhappiness, stress, anger, and self doubt . :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
Agree...such an individual choice and the only right one is the one that makes you happy. I have a BMW but not crazy about the new body style. Didn't care for IS250 interior but like the new sport styling. A3 is too late because lease it up at end of 2013. Actually love new Q50. It is like mission control inside and has a really nice engine. If the CLA disappoints when it gets here, I will probably go with Q50 but hoping the CLA delivers on all fronts.
I undersand your situation, I have to confess myself, I am waiting for the CLA to arrive to US to test drive it to make up my mind between the Q50 and CLA, hopefully by the end of this month, we will know if Infiniti aknwoledges and provides a viable solution to all the problems they are having with their new InTouch system (looks like it is no more than alpha or beta test quality at this point). CLA fo rme is better looking than Q50 but the Q50 engine is really nice...tough choice really
esteban

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Good thing that CLA 45 AMG doesn't come with this disease that brings about unhappiness, stress, anger, and self doubt . :p
What if. And I am saying what if six months after you just spent $60k on the CLA45. The new S3 comes out and the motor press goes gaga over the stunning looking S3 which is fully loaded at $45k, matches the CLA45 in 0-60, 0-100 and quarters and out handles the Benz to boot. In addition, the car has better rear headroom and trunk space and nicer interior finish. To add insult, the CLA45 goes on a discount spree to compete and a new buyer can buy your same CLA45 for $5k less.
Would that make you unhappy, stressed, angry and financially burdened because your CLA45 costs you $1k a month to run not to mention the $6k a year insurance.

OK just a worst case...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts