Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sat in the cla 45 today

it was so nice. the shifter is the only thing i dont like.

the shifter is not like the shifter in the e63. it is a little tiny shifter. i will post picks in a bit.

everything else was great. alsdo got a 500 off voucher. bonus

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen! ;)

And, where is the voucher from!? Is there any other way to obtain a voucher? Is it from MBUSA or a particular dealer?

-Eric

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is from mb usa . they are standing with a tablet by the car taking you name and email to send you a voucher

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Do you know if we can use the voucher with other discounts (i.e., fleet discounts...like from USAA or through an employer program)?

-Eric

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have the voucher from MB. Got it in NY auto xhow eralier this year. Its a manufacturer voucher and does not state it doesn't work with other discounts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
sat in the cla 45 today

it was so nice. the shifter is the only thing i dont like.

the shifter is not like the shifter in the e63. it is a little tiny shifter. i will post picks in a bit.

everything else was great. alsdo got a 500 off voucher. bonus
oh, I just sent you a PM about this a few minutes ago. Didn't see your post here.
I plan to head downtown today or tomorrow after work to check it out.

What steering wheel did the car have installed? Standard or Performance?

·
Registered
4,108 Posts

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
If you don't already qualify for a discount of some sort you can qualify for a $500 voucher if you have a MB Amex card and spend $5K on it or $1000 if you get a Platinum card.

Just an FYI for those unaware of this program. Read the fine print though because you cannot combine this discount with other offers.

-Eric

·
Registered
88 Posts
I got a voucher from the Dallas auto show in March. It will expire by the time I can pick up my CLA but I'm going to ask my dealership if they'll take it anyway. Can't hurt.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Ernster, the shifter that you saw is different than lauwersp saw on a red CLA45 just a couple days ago. Here's a link to his photo:
http://www.mercedescla.org/forum/attachments/1648d1378592833-i-am-about-sit-cla45-us-imageuploadedbymercedes-cla-forum1378592831.655300.jpg

It seems that one of the two of you saw a European version or possibly, these first few prototypes have been assembled based upon whatever parts were available at the time of manufacture. For whatever it's worth, the Order Guide says that the shifter that you saw is the European model and the one that lauwersp saw is the North American shifter.

Did you happen to notice if the climate control system was displaying in Centigrade or Fahrenheit, or was the display showing messages in US English or other language?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got a voucher from the Dallas auto show in March. It will expire by the time I can pick up my CLA but I'm going to ask my dealership if they'll take it anyway. Can't hurt.
If I had known about the voucher I would have made the 3 hour drive down to get one. I might email MB to see if they would send me one anyway.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I'm pissed I woulda drove to Manhattan for a $500 voucher as well

As far as the shifter goes if you read version 1.1 of the order guide it says that that shifter is the European one

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
199 Posts
I got a voucher at the Milwaukee Auto Show in Feb (the 22nd to be exact). My voucher was set to expire 22Aug. I called MB USA a couple weeks before that to explain the situation (i.e. that I had a CLA on pre-order, that the sales person at the MKE auto show told me I could use it for the purchase of a CLA, etc.). Unfortunately, I am still trying to work through getting a voucher re-issued with MB USA customer service . Honestly, I am pretty disappointed with the quality of customer service provided by the team thus far. Of course my voucher has officially expired by this point, and as time passes I am feeling less confident in that they will uphold their commitment to me. I have to say this is not a good customer experience that I am having with a company that I am about to purchase a car. I really hope that it is just this individual customer service rep who is not doing her job and not representative of the company as a whole. :disappointed:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts