Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi guys,a couple days ago I was cleaning my engine room and noticed this same mount starting to crack. This would be the second time I’ll be replacing it. Should I go go aftermarket now?

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Well here’s your chance to get a firmer aftermarket mount
Though being less compliant you will feel a bit more buzz while driving
But the oem is always a default if all else fails

Also ... replaced twice already ... has there been a lot of heavy acceleration runs from zero?

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Well ... oh wait ... define “cracking”
Like can you pull pieces of the polymer out?
Or surface spydering?

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
A picture is worth ...

Any way you can post how this tear looks?

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
mine has a tear in it also. A buddy of mine said we can fill it with a pour in mount that wont ever degrade. Im debating doing it if I can get some more info on it.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
bummer ... separation
since your particular usage patterns and mount alignment seem to continue this issue across multiple mounts perhaps consider a mount refurbishing filler?
nothing to lose give it a try before resorting to replacement ... unless the separation is too far gone which is bad and the motor could hop and tear the other mounts

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
mine has a tear in it also. A buddy of mine said we can fill it with a pour in mount that wont ever degrade. Im debating doing it if I can get some more info on it.
hey you can use some candy color poly fill
even the softest duro will give more cabin buzz but as i just posted ... nothing to lose if the oem polymer is kinda intact with no vertical sep

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
@Jus riaz
btw if the home position is off the new mount will tear as well since there will be a net tensile on it all the time
your pix seems to suggest the mount has a net pull away from the firewall
check the other mounts ... cuz if those are weakening that top mount will keep splitting prematurely

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
What is the home position?
When you loosen the bolts - nothing shifts ... then you know the mount / engine are in their “home” position ... ie no additional stress when static

1 - 20 of 22 Posts