Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ImageUploadedByMercedes CLA Forum1395537987.302707.jpg ImageUploadedByMercedes CLA Forum1395538040.644827.jpg ImageUploadedByMercedes CLA Forum1395538052.728642.jpg ImageUploadedByMercedes CLA Forum1395538064.832905.jpg ImageUploadedByMercedes CLA Forum1395538084.085748.jpg ImageUploadedByMercedes CLA Forum1395538094.722442.jpg

I'm finally finished with all the mods I wanted for a night styling look: window trim, side mirrors, wheel caps, and front scoops are OEM. So here she is!

The back third of the pano roof, front lip spoiler, side sill inserts, rear diffuser, and rear spoiler are wrapped in 3M gloss black vinyl. Tint is Charcool 20% all around.

Interior mods include OEM AMG door pins and chrome pedals.

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum

·
Registered
529 Posts
damn man, great job! Can you say how the front scoops attached? Were they just 3M or did you have to drill into the bumper?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Looks great! BTW, do you have a MB dealership in your driveway/garage?...
Haha. The MB dealership asked for a few pics as my CLA apparently turned a few heads when I pulled in. I figured I'd oblige our SA with a shot of our entire lineup we've acquired from her.

where did you get your parts! they all look awesome
I got them all from https://www.benzpartsforless.com/

damn man, great job! Can you say how the front scoops attached? Were they just 3M or did you have to drill into the bumper?
I used 3M tape.

·
Registered
161 Posts
beautiful work, OP. this is exactly what I want to do. any plans to get black wheels?

also can you link to the specific parts from the site you used?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
when you got the window trim parts did they come with instructions for removal/installation?
Instructions are not included with the purchase of any OEM parts. Installation of the window trim was pretty simple. Like I said, I have no experience modding cars. I would suggest reading Bushido's DIY guide if you need instructions. I'm not sure where it is but a simple search should locate it.

beautiful work, OP. this is exactly what I want to do. any plans to get black wheels?

also can you link to the specific parts from the site you used?
I was close to pulling the trigger on the black AMG 19's. But in the end, I just found the silver wheels to be the look I want. If I do switch out, I'd probably go for the directional Vossen rims.

I don't have links. I'd suggest searching the OEM parts number thread in the general form. I posted all the part numbers so you can reference it on that site in that post: http://www.mercedescla.org/forum/5-cla-general-discussion/5971-oem-part-number-products.html?highlight=part+numbers

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hey OP,
My MG when it arrives will hopefully look like yours after mods. Just wondering what made you choose MG over CC considering all the gloss wrap you have would contrast really well with white. I'm considering changing my colour and want to know what made you pick MG!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
While the mods would contrast well with white, I find white to be difficult to keep clean. Secondly, white just looks like a girl's car to me. Last of all, I'm an attorney and deal with a lot of high income clients, who might view a modded CLA in a negative light (giving off that 'ricer' image). On grey, the black accents are a little more subtle and as a result don't appear to give off that same ricer vibe.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mg looks great with all those mods. I had to flip a coin between silver and mg knowing I would do stuff like this later as well. Very nice choices.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did you wrap the side inserts yourself? Were they easy to remove and replace?
Side inserts, rear non-pano roof, front lip, and rear diffuser were all professionally wrapped at the same time. I don't know what technique he used as I left the car in his care for a few hours.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts