Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just placed my order for the 45.

My dealer is charging me $2370 for this package, while in the order guide (both 1.0 and 1.1), it said $2300.

I know its only $70, but I still want to confirm with guys.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah. The price increase was 2-3 months ago, I think. The price increase was reflected in my order invoice that the dealer gave me about 1.5 months ago.

·
Registered
174 Posts
My Purchase order shows:

P01 $2200
MM $2370
Sport Package $2000

There is a disclaimer at the bottom said the price is subject to change. I hope they don't raise the price when I take delivery.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just received an updated PO from my dealer. It now shows:

P01 $2300 ($100 increase)
Sport Package $2200 ($200 increase)
MM $2370

I don't know whether it's negotiable, as it clearly says price is subject to change in the PO. Very disappointing.

·
Registered
174 Posts
This is the reply from my salesperson. What a relief!

"When ordering a car, especially a newly introduced line, it is subject to price changes. I did go talk to my manager, and because we do appreciate your business and strive for the perfect car buying experionce we will honer the origonal MSRP price. I'm glad you brought the price change up and that we could work with you."

·
Registered
2,593 Posts

"When ordering a car, especially a newly introduced line, it is subject to price changes. I did go talk to my manager, and because we do appreciate your business and strive for the perfect car buying experionce we will honer the origonal MSRP price. I'm glad you brought the price change up and that we could work with you."
Good on them. And good for you. That is the right thing to do. They will always make up that money on someone or somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
2,921 Posts

You still got screwed because you could originally get some discount off the MSRP. Well that discount is now covering the price increases.
To be fair. Mercedes has always maintained the order guide prices are just preliminary. They never released the guide officially to the public. We, on the forum, has found the guide meant perhaps for dealers.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
You still got screwed because you could originally get some discount off the MSRP. Well that discount is now covering the price increases.
To be fair. Mercedes has always maintained the order guide prices are just preliminary. They never released the guide officially to the public. We, on the forum, has found the guide meant perhaps for dealers.
Ya see I didn't see that he paid MSRP. So it goes to what I said, while it is a good gesture on their part, they are not losing money by doing it. They are making it up on someone or somewhere (MSRP) else.

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
174 Posts
Not really. The price was already negotiated before this. $500 off MSRP. So it's now $800 off. Not a huge discount but it's better than nothing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts