Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need to get the Multimedia Package to be able to connect my iPhone through Bluetooth to make calls and stream music?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Are you able to click on the Bluetooth menu on the left to see how they explain it and send us the screenshot to see if it supports music streaming? My current BT only supports hands free calling. From what web site is that?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thank you! Are you able to click on the Bluetooth menu on the left to see how they explain it and send us the screenshot to see if it supports music streaming? My current BT only supports hands free calling. From what web site is that?
That is Edmunds. Also you can assume that MB will not go backwards with technology. Use this website to figure out what type options are available to your phone. I choose the 2013 c-class.

Mercedes-Benz Bluetooth Connectivity

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys! I am trying to make sure I don't really need this package since I have my music and navigation on my iPhone. Besides the rear-view camera, what else would I miss from this package? What exactly is the "Command System"? Do we not get this without this package?

·
Registered
293 Posts
You wont get the larger screen, dvd changer, sd card slot, sirius weather and traffic. Have you seen the cla ordering guide? Very helpful

Thank you guys! I am trying to make sure I don't really need this package since I have my music and navigation on my iPhone. Besides the rear-view camera, what else would I miss from this package? What exactly is the "Command System"? Do we not get this without this package?

·
Registered
256 Posts
There is an option called "Drive Kit Plus" which is specific for the iPhone. The Ordering Guide shows the priced as "TBD". But below is a description of the kit -- from the MB site.

Drive Kit Plus for the iPhone® [1]

With the "Drive Kit Plus for the iPhone®", your iPhone® 4/4S is comprehensively integrated
in the A-Class. It is integrated through the interaction of the
Mercedes-Benz app called "Digital DriveStyle" with the "Drive Kit Plus for the iPhone®" interface in the vehicle, where the iPhone® is connected and charged.
The "Digital DriveStyle" app is available free of charge at the iTunes® App Store [2]. In the app, extensive functions are seamlessly integrated in the new revolutionary user interface and shown on the vehicle display [3] . With the iPhone® connected, the "Digital DriveStyle" app is reliably and conveniently controlled via the ergonomically designed Controller.

Some of the functions of the "Digital DriveStyle" app:

Advanced navigation solution from Garmin® with web-based real-time traffic information, Points of Interest search and 3D map presentation.
Local search function powered by Google™ of Points of Interest with StreetView™ and destination transfer to Navigation.
AUPEO!™ Personal Radio with individual music programming.
Internet radio with national and international stations.
Access to the track titles stored in your iPhone®.
Facebook® Feeds and Twitter® Tweets from friends are read out aloud[4].
Socially interactive experience through sharing and posting, e.g. the title of the song currently playing or of the navigation destination on Facebook® and Twitter®.
Glympse™: Communicate to your friends - in real-time - your current location, your vehicle speed and estimated time of arrival.
Intuitive CarFinder with automatic storing of vehicle location on iPhone®. By means of the integrated pedestrian navigation function in the iPhone® it is possible to find one's vehicle conveniently.

·
Registered
106 Posts
From an Australian website regarding the A-Class:

"In addition, it was a decision of being able to affect the most buyers with one device. With Apple we had one device [to design with]. With Android at that stage there was many," he explained.

According to Mr Neuber, Mercedes will integrate Android functionality into the A-Class, but there's likely to be a wait.

A-Class aims for i-Class - motoring.com.au

Hopefully the CLA will be Android-ready, but not holding my breath.

·
Registered
288 Posts
From an Australian website regarding the A-Class:

"In addition, it was a decision of being able to affect the most buyers with one device. With Apple we had one device [to design with]. With Android at that stage there was many," he explained.

According to Mr Neuber, Mercedes will integrate Android functionality into the A-Class, but there's likely to be a wait.

A-Class aims for i-Class - motoring.com.au

Hopefully the CLA will be Android-ready, but not holding my breath.
ehh i dont need all that stuff, i can get to where im going and then check whatever i need to on my phone lol.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wouldn't plan on using the navi exactly like my phone (e.g. texting, web surfing ), but would want to use maps, music, pandora, tune-in radio, etc. on the bigger built-in screen.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I wouldn't plan on using the navi exactly like my phone (e.g. texting, web surfing ), but would want to use maps, music, pandora, tune-in radio, etc. on the bigger built-in screen.
oh in that case, yeah i would want that too. Is there any system that lets you use voIP apps in the car, such as Skype and Viber?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lol I was just thinking the same thing! As much as I want this car, I REFUSE to get an iPhone just for the added features! Probably.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Is seems like they have a web site just for the Drive Kit Plus.

Mercedes-Benz · Drive Kit Plus for the iPhone®

Wonder if it will be available for the iPhone 5 when the CLA is released since it looks like it's made for the CLA.
My Mercedes dealer said that the Drive kit Plus will be avalible for iPhone 5. But the hardware was not ready. They are told me iphon 5 compatible drive kits would be ready in early summer. Hope that is true!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts