Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bare with me but I start from the beginning.

About a month ago I saw the CLA on the net for the first time,
This car really triggered my attention., great looks, beautiful lines and a nice MB price.
So I started investigating the options.. did not took me long to build a car.
It was a CLA180 Ambition, AMG line with lighting package in Patagonia Red.

Next step was an e-mail to the local dealer (this was 2 weeks ago). He told me that they would
recieive 2 CLA's end of that week.. a black standard CLA180 and a white CLA200 AMG line with auto transmission.
He invided me to come and take a look when the cars we in.
The black one went to another location of the dealer and they kept the white one.

So a week ago I visited the black CLA180 first and the white CLA200 in the afternoon.
The black one was nice but when I saw the white AMG package I knew this was a the car for me.

The same day I recieved offers for sale and operational lease and agreed on a test drive for the next friday.
I even got a present from the dealer.. a Patagonia Red CLA 1:18 miniature car.

The day before the test drive the dealer called me and asks if I would like to take the CLA home for a day
instead of the test drive.. afcourse I said yes with a big smile.

So yesterday around 17.30 I recieved the car keys with a free pass to do a thorough ride.
First I did a ride for 2 hours in daylight on the highway.. and another 1+ hour in the dark.
And this morning... sadly... I had to bring it back (which took twice as long as normal)

I really loved and enjoyed the car.. the drive was comfortable, quit and very enjoying.
So only one thing rests now.. closing the deal early next week.. and make the final choice..
CLA180 or CLA200, but I'll keep the 6 stick. I just somehow missed my clutch :big smile:

I enclosed some pictures, hope you like them..
CLA200 with 7G-DCT, Uni white, Ambition, AMG line, Privacy glass, Light and sight package. powered sunroof.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I have some shots of the black CLA with an Iphone.. I'll look it up.

From a distance the screen looks aftermarket. But when you're in the car its no problem at all.
Blends right in and very easy to use.

·
Registered
172 Posts
WOW! white just looks gorgeous. Thank you so much for the pics, this will definitely be my car!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Nice report, and your dealer is not only generous but a shrewd businessman (letting someone take the car home is a guarantee they'll buy one).

·
Registered
80 Posts
in hopes of letting it be seen i guess. they want it to be a big hit and i think it will be. Great marketing if you ask me it will probably be just a test car for that purpose only.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Amazing! I would have slept in the car in the stars and brought the dealer a bagel, coffee and bought the car in the morning. ;)

·
Registered
730 Posts
Nice share, thanks! :cool:

I really like the contrast stitching & beefy steering-wheel. Those AMG-spec wheels are also very nice, I love split 5-spokes designs. The lit-up interior looks very nice, and right amount of clean/modern design w/ retro/traditional attributes.

I'm wondering which illuminated door-sills would look best, the white ones (pictured above) or the blue ones that are around. Decision-decisions! Ha... all I know is that I can't think of something so insignificant & small having such a big & noticeable effect on others, everyone will take notice. Likewise for the BiXenon headlamps w/ the LED-DRLs! Def' will be head-turners... :p

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wow! Lucky!!! Want to know though, how was the shifting from gear to gear?
Is it really delayed as some of the reviewers say?
Also what suspension was it? Sport?
Still wondering how sports suspension will feel!
Another thing I wanted to ask is about the sound system! Did you ever try one with and one without the harman kardon system?
Wanted to know if it would make a huge difference!
Again, I envy you man! :big smile:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do not have a lot of reference because most cars are stick shift here. I did own an 1958 Oldsmobile for a few years.
But I had no problems with the 7G-DCT, just had to get used to it. In ECO mode the throttle pedal is quit deep.
You have have to press it far to start rolling. But within a few minutes you get the right feel for it.
In the S(port) mode the transmission works very fast, and also the throttle pedal feels better.

The car had the lower AMG sport suspension which was more comfortable then I thought it would be.
Definitely not a bumpy ride.

No Karman sound system. The car had the standard Soundsystem. Not bad, but not great either.
I think the Karman system will be better.

Unforgently I only have one decent phote of the black CLA180..

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Metallic Cosmos black :wink:

But to be honest, the lines off the CLA dissapears with a black exterior,
Especially the trunk and hood lines,

·
Registered
143 Posts
Metallic Cosmos black :wink:

But to be honest, the lines off the CLA dissapears with a black exterior,
Especially the trunk and hood lines,

Yes, as I see it the cirrus white may be the color that showcases the design and exterior best. Especially the contrast white/black with Night pack.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts