Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Bad batch of pads is possible though unlikely
Do you recall the rotor surface condition?
Like:
- all even silvery grey (normal brake layer xfer)
- even coloring but some bright silver race tracks
- dark bluish annular bands at various rotor radii

Im still on stock rotors. My tech said they would make it one more round. Mind you he is a Mercedes tech who has his own shop with his son so I trust his judgement.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Im still on stock rotors. My tech said they would make it one more round. Mind you he is a Mercedes tech who has his own shop with his son so I trust his judgement.
nice to have trustworthy folks to turn to :cool:
when you have a sec ... maybe post a pic of your rotor surface?
i am curious cuz my left front rotor has always (always!) had funny surface coloring and it varies
like when gals go shopping for stuff ... flavor of the moment 8-P

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Mine look OK for 3 of them ...

LR.jpg

Though the one pesky one looks "odd" ... though no shakes, no pulls, stops on a dime etc

LF.jpg

So thinking of ceramic compounds to "clean" things up hopefully (worked on an older car with similar rotor reveals)
And (supposedly) a little easier on rim surface cleaning chores :cool:

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
47k that's great! Mine were 32k when replaced.

·
Registered
527 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have the 4Matic and I can't get mine below 9.8L/100km, I think I must have a cinder block tied to the bottom of my shoe... come to think of it, maybe thats why my tires are wearing out prematurely?? ;)

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
I have the 4Matic and I can't get mine below 9.8L/100km, I think I must have a cinder block tied to the bottom of my shoe... come to think of it, maybe thats why my tires are wearing out prematurely?? ;)
Wait a fuel sipping second
You have the 133 or 270 motor? Remind me ...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wait a fuel sipping second
You have the 133 or 270 motor? Remind me ...
It is the M270 engine my friend, she doth enjoy the petroleum and drinketh deeply from thine tank.

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
It is the M270 engine my friend, she doth enjoy the petroleum and drinketh deeply from thine tank.
Wow thats 24mpg(us) ... so yeah either you really have the cinderblock syndrome or something is afoot
Hmmm ... are your typical commutes less than 15km for each on/off cycle? Flat or some minor inclines here and there? Lots of traffic lights?

·
Registered
25 Posts
i’ve done a couple hundy miles commute so far, about 25% stop and go, 25% easy hway and 50% ripping it about and i’m at 30mpg usa.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wow thats 24mpg(us) ... so yeah either you really have the cinderblock syndrome or something is afoot
Hmmm ... are your typical commutes less than 15km for each on/off cycle? Flat or some minor inclines here and there? Lots of traffic lights?
My daily commute is a 52 km round trip, minor hills, few roundabouts, some start-stop depending on rush hour traffic, also a few stretches on the highway where I can let loose and push it hard, so really nothing out of the ordinary. I do have a pretty heavy foot (my wife yells at me constantly when she is in the car with me, she cannot believe I still have my licence, but I, of course, tend to disagree). I do believe that it is just me as the vehicle has been flawless (other than my minor hiccups with the fuel door, battery, turbo gasket and tire wear issues). :cool:

·
Registered
9,959 Posts
Yo Oz!
Just for kicks ... after your next fill up leave it in E or C and drive like a great grand daddy for say 150km
If the fuel economy does not improve then something is awry ... cuz it sure seems gas pedal habits vs mpg is very binary with this particular 2.0 turbo
My average over 5.7yrs is 29.26mpg(us) or 30.2 per the happier cluster data though that is leaving it in E and being nice to the gas pedal ... though ever so often when it’s empty out there pegging the speedo is observed in honor of the motor’s capability (ie italian tune up) and quite frankly sticking to speed limits in this thing takes a conscious effort but thats another story

21 - 38 of 38 Posts