Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was very happy to get a call from my MB dealer last Monday. He called to let me know that my CLA had arrived. Sure enough Tuesday after work I raced (literally) over to MB Broadway in Vancouver to pick it up. After about 2 hours of paper work (down payment, loan, insurance etc…) It was finally time to get my CLA… and not just any CLA… the First CLA to be sold in Vancouver!

All I have to say is… All the pictures, videos etc… Nothing can actually prepare you for the vehicle itself… I won’t steal this away from you guys… Once you set your eyes on your very own CLA u will know exactly what I mean…

It’s definitely a head turner. Talking about head turners the other day I had a van race up next to me and the guy actually started taking a video of my car on the freeway… Very Dangerous..! But you see the lengths people will go to get a simple glimpse of the new CLA…

The car itself is amazing… It drives incredibly well. It handles great. The car is very fast! You can tell that you are driving a sports car… It has that feeling that it is literally hugging the ground as it speeds up. Its very smooth but you can still feel the car changing gears as it is picking up power… I haven’t driven it in sport or manual yet… but will soon and post a review.

I have been driving it on ECO mode for the past week (whenever you stop and put your foot on the break and the car turns off, once you take your foot off of the break it turns back on)… it does this so quick that when you are inside of the car you won't even notice it, and the transition from car being off to your foot going back on the peddle and driving off is very smooth and seamless… The only downside to this is say you have just stopped at a cross walk… the people crossing look at you as if you don't know how to drive and you stalled your car lol… (hmmm maybe that’s why people are looking at me and taking pictures and videos…)

I also really like how everything is basically electronic... A button for park, button for e-break, drive, reverse etc… takes a few days to get used to it… you really have to pay attention to what you are doing as it’s not really second nature yet… after a week of this you’ll find it very handy as it opens up a lot of space in your car…

The one thing that I didn’t like… and I am having my dealer take a look at later this week is the speakers… They are extremely sub-par… They are stock but sound VERY bad. They literally hurt your ears if you are listening to the music loud. I have tested CD, Radio, Bluetooth (both free and purchased MP3s) and all I can say is I am not impressed. When loud you hear a kind of cracking from the tweeters almost as if you have slightly lost the signal on a radio station (but this happened when listing to anything). It just doesn’t have that new car sound. I have driven many luxury and non-luxury cars that sound way better… Thinking back I wish I would have paid the extra $1000 for speaker upgrade. I hope they can fix this for me... If anyone has this same experience can you please let me know...

Anyway please let me know what you think of my CLA… Hope you all have enjoyed this and find this helpfull in some way. I know it wasn’t the most in depth review but I just wanted to give you guys my actual experience rather than the same things you hear over and over on YouTube, MB Forums etc…

2013-09-19-17-11-52_deco.jpg 2013-09-24-13-33-27_deco.jpg 2013-09-24-13-34-28_deco.jpg 2013-09-24-13-35-22_deco.jpg 2013-09-24-13-36-25_deco.jpg

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
So I was very happy to get a call from my MB dealer last Monday. He called to let me know that my CLA had arrived. Sure enough Tuesday after work I raced (literally) over to MB Broadway in Vancouver to pick it up. After about 2 hours of paper work (down payment, loan, insurance etc…) It was finally time to get my CLA… and not just any CLA… the First CLA to be sold in Vancouver!

All I have to say is… All the pictures, videos etc… Nothing can actually prepare you for the vehicle itself… I won’t steal this away from you guys… Once you set your eyes on your very own CLA u will know exactly what I mean…

It’s definitely a head turner. Talking about head turners that other day I had a van race up next to me and the guy actually started taking a video of my car on the freeway… Very Dangerous..! But you see the lengths people will go to get a simple glimpse of the new CLA…

The car itself is amazing… It drives incredibly well. It handles great. The car is very fast! You can tell that you are driving a sports car… It has that feeling that it is literally hugging the ground as it speeds up. Its very smooth but you can still feel the car changing gears as it is picking up power… I haven’t driven it in sport or manual yet… but will soon and post a review.

I have been driving it on ECO mode for the past week (whenever you stop and put your foot on the break and the car turns off, once you take your foot off of the break it turns back on)… it does this so quick that when you are inside of the car you won't even notice it, and the transition from car being off to your foot going back on the peddle and driving off is very smooth and seamless… The only downside to this is say you have just stopped at a cross walk… the people crossing look at you as if you don't know how to drive and you stalled your car lol… (hmmm maybe that’s why people are looking at me and taking pictures and videos…)

I also really like how everything is basically electronic... A button for park, button for e-break, drive, reverse etc… takes a few days to get used to it… you really have to pay attention to what you are doing as it’s not really second nature yet… after a week of this you’ll find it very handy as it opens up a lot of space in your car…

The one thing that I didn’t like… and I am having my dealer take a look at later this week is the speakers… They are extremely sub-par… They are stock but sound VERY bad. They literally hurt your ears if you are listening to the music loud. I have tested CD, Radio, Bluetooth (both free and purchased MP3s) and all I can say is I am not impressed. When loud you hear a kind of cracking from the tweeters almost as if you have slightly lost the signal on a radio station (but this happened when listing to anything). It just doesn’t have that new car sound. I have driven many luxury and non-luxury cars that sound way better… Thinking back I wish I would have paid the extra $1000 for speaker upgrade. I hope they can fix this for me... If anyone has this same experience can you please let me know...

Anyway please let me know what you think of my CLA… Hope you all have enjoyed this and find this helpfull in some way. I know it wasn’t the most in depth review but I just wanted to give you guys my actual experience rather than the same things you hear over and over on YouTube, MB Forums etc…

View attachment 1983 View attachment 1984 View attachment 1985 View attachment 1986 View attachment 1987
Very nice congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sharp looking.

Dig the black wheels.

The red stitching/flat bottom steering wheel that comes with the sport package is an unanticipated surprise

·
Registered
53 Posts
Cool!~ I'm awaiting mine, currently intransit from Halifax to Vancouver... Mountain Grey...! =)

Why opt-ed out on the MPP for the Pano Sunroof? I still believe that's a must option...

·
Registered
288 Posts
congrats, the car looks great!! Yeah the base audio system, audio 20...isnt good at all :(. Ive heard it on the loaners and it was pretty underwhelming.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Great looking car! Nice to finally see pics of a well optioned car. I'm in Vancouver as well and I can't wait for mine to arrive.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Congrats on your new ride!! Nice to see a CLA Sport on the road. I saw a CLA base on the road on the 17th already.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I tried asking for the same black wheels here in US, the dealer's computer show its only in the CLA45 AMG option and not the CLA250 despite getting the sports package.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I tried asking for the same black wheels here in US, the dealer's computer show its only in the CLA45 AMG option and not the CLA250 despite getting the sports package.
The back wheels are an additional $500 and can only be added with the Sport Package. Ask your dealer about it... unlike the 45 they are 18" and not 19". My dealer said they were called the "18 inch AMG Multi Spoke wheels (Black)"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Cool!~ I'm awaiting mine, currently intransit from Halifax to Vancouver... Mountain Grey...! =)

Why opt-ed out on the MPP for the Pano Sunroof? I still believe that's a must option...
Ultimitely it all boiled down to cost. I ended up going with Heated Seats, Media interface, Sport Package, AMG Wheel upgrade, bi Xenon lights and the Command Navi. Panoramic roof would have been nice but also an extra 3k ish...

Mountian grey is an awsome color... it was a close second when deciding...

·
Registered
21 Posts
The back wheels are an additional $500 and can only be added with the Sport Package. Ask your dealer about it... unlike the 45 they are 18" and not 19". My dealer said they were called the "18 inch AMG Multi Spoke wheels (Black)"
Thanks Moev. I may be too late for that. The car is coming in tomorrow night. I might not get it until Friday when it gets delivered to me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Goodness me, congrats on the car and first in Vancouver! I'm from Vancouver myself and I've been keeping my eyes on the road for any early bird CLAs - no luck though.

Ordered my own ED1 from MB Richmond Automall, but it's not arriving till late November...

Hope to see your damn nice white CLA around mate.

P.S. Thanks a lot for the great review. Loved the other reviews on this site+others, but nothing beats words coming from a fellow Vancouverite.

*Just one question. Did your wheels come with the summer performance run-flat tires? My car will have the same wheels, w/ the summer performance tires.
I want to know your opinion: Should we swap out the summer tires in anticipation for this upcoming Vancouver fall/winter?
If so, I'm thinking a good set of all-seasons will do the trick. Global warming has hit our city pretty hard the past few years - barely a week of snow in Vancouver/Richmond these past couple of years.
I want to think that the summer -flats will be fine if driven safely and snow avoided, but...safety will have to come first.

-Yong

·
Registered
138 Posts
This car is such a head turner! Everytime I am on the road, I have seen people checking it out. LOL, I have to say I love that feeling! It makes my day.

Reactions: milazzo

·
Registered
371 Posts
If you are running summer tires and have an accident due to black ice or light snow condition, ICBC have the rights not to cover your car due to improper tires for the condition. It's always good to swap out summer tire for the winter season as the summer tire compounds gets harden under 7c which will decrease grip and increase stopping distance. If you are going to get a set of all season anyway, why not go for the winter tires just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you are running summer tires and have an accident due to black ice or light snow condition, ICBC have the rights not to cover your car due to improper tires for the condition. It's always good to swap out summer tire for the winter season as the summer tire compounds gets harden under 7c which will decrease grip and increase stopping distance. If you are going to get a set of all season anyway, why not go for the winter tires just to be on the safe side.
Yes exactly... I'm now sourcing and will put on winter tires on my CLA250 by the end of Nov.... ^^

1 - 20 of 32 Posts