Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an email from my dealer (Euromotorcars Germantown) and was told that my car would begin production in January of 2014. Originally we were thinking that I could get the car by November and I even opted out of the carbon fiber exterior package so I can get the car in November. This is so frustrating! I put my deposit down months ago.

:mad:

·
Registered
896 Posts
same here..not til jan

do u have night pack?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
same here..not til jan

do u have night pack?

That's the hold up. My 45 will go into production 13/10/1D and be ready for delivery in November. But if I insist on the night styling package, I have to take a car with 14/01/1D build date if no one has already claimed it. A 45 with the 16 spoke black wheel without the night styling looks silly given all the trim pieces are chrome and grey. It's a completely out of place option. Yes, yes, I know I can make my own night style easily with the help of a body shop and MB parts department ( someone posted black mirror housing from MB for only $260 a pair,) but it will be quite a bit more than $750.

·
Registered
896 Posts
ya my stealership told me the same

i told them I'll wait!

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
So far I haven't received any news about my car being delayed even though it has night package. Do you guys think that I should send my dealer a email asking him if theres a delay on the night package?

·
Registered
294 Posts
The Night Package, at least for USA orders, is delayed until a January 2014 build. Yes, check with your Canadian dealer to see if you hear a similar story. Please report your findings.

There was also a post in another thread sometime back saying that the delay was caused by the Black Chrome exhaust tips and that the Chrome Tips could be specified to get around the delay. I asked my dealer to check on that. He spoke with his MB rep and he said that was not true and there was no way to get around the delay. :(

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
The Night Package, at least for USA orders, is delayed until a January 2014 build. Yes, check with your Canadian dealer to see if you hear a similar story. Please report your findings.

There was also a post in another thread sometime back saying that the delay was caused by the Black Chrome exhaust tips and that the Chrome Tips could be specified to get around the delay. I asked my dealer to check on that. He spoke with his MB rep and he said that was not true and there was no way to get around the delay. :(
Alright sending them a email right now. Will post the news that I receive on here when I get it

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Ok my dealer already contacted me and he said that so far my car isn't delayed and that he hasnt heard about any delays but if something happens then he'll let me know right away

·
Registered
347 Posts
There are many delays across the AMG line. It has to do with Engine Constraints. AMG is building and working as hard as they can. It will be worth the wait; believe me! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts