Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at exactly 7:29 pm the Vampire commercial played and we had almost 11,000 hits here...
wondering how many newbies and members would have found us thru this commercial instead?

..as an afterburner thought, probably the $29,900 brought most of us to google search: to us here:haha:

·
Registered
730 Posts
at exactly 7:29 pm the Vampire commercial played and we had almost 11,000 hits here...
Vampire? Are we talking Twilight or True Blood? Ha... :p

I assume "Devil" advert?

wondering how many newbies and members would have found us thru this commercial instead?
Difficult to say, my friend. I'm thinking a different type of newbies would've migrated here. Obviously, you & I as well as others are here less for the style of the commercial but more for the content of the commercial (namely the luscious & delicious CLA)!

I know a lot of Super Bowl viewers would've tuned-out (mentally and/or physically) at that awesome wolf/scenery advert. But, the enthusiast & auto-centric crowd would've tuned-in for sure, and then if compelled meander to the interwebz (and eventually here)!

Long-story-short... theatrics, drama, easy-on-the-eyes "scenery", and even some kitsch is seemingly necessary to market a more mainstream offering. There will be for sure a different, and larger demographic drawn to MB through the CLA. I'm not just talking financial stature & the like, but also creative & indie types who otherwise would've not even considered the brand. This CLA offering is definitely breaking/crossing the chasm for MB in North America. It's not just a status symbol or a safe, secure, and sound purchase for those wanting such, but it's also daring, fun, and personable.

I believe this CLA will w/o keep me engaged & more in-tune w/ what MB has to offer from time to time. There was occasionally a model that I liked (namely really digging the previous CLS, kinda liking current SLK, somewhat admiring the current S-Class), but I never really was pressed or anxious for what's new and/or changing w/ the SL, E-Class, C-Class, and other platforms. An SL facelift? So what. An E-Class refresh? Yawn. A C-Class redesign? Uhh, ok. Now that MB has my attention as a prospective CLA owner, I'll be more keen & interested in what's going on w/ rest of the lineup, and perhaps even have a particular MB offering in-consideration if I'm the in marketplace for that model-segment or to even advise & recommend such to others.

I started out as enamored w/ the BMW 1-series coupe when I returned from the UK in '05 hoping it'd land stateside when I noted it out & about while in London for awhile. The euphoria was short-lived as the 1-series didn't measure up to me as the marketed package (and rebirth of the simple, sporty, light, value-centric Bimmer of past) it was purported to be. All it proved to be was an executed reason for BMW to validate their ever-increasing MSRP on their bread-&-butter 3-series (which had encroached near $45-$50k when equipped).

MB w/ their CLA so far hasn't done such. There's been no...

"you're in a CLA, but you're getting a weak-sauce motor unless you ante up..."

"you're in a CLA, but this/that is N/A or optional..."

"you're in a CLA, but it's really our budget model so don't expect performance/refinement/tech/etc..."

There isn't that watered-down, down-market, stripped, entry-level, basic, beginner, base model type of feel w/ the CLA.

My only gripe so far, I wanna be able to piece-meal some optional equipment only available through packages (namely the Harman Kardon stero-system & dual-zone auto climate-control from the Premium package, rear bumper-cover from the Sport package). I'd be a happy camper then, ha! It's a 2-way street though, as then MB can make optional currently standard equipment to make the MSRP even more enticing, thus making us customers spend even more for stuff we'd expect in a Benz.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Vampire? Are we talking Twilight or True Blood? Ha... :p

I assume "Devil" advert?

Difficult to say, my friend. I'm thinking a different type of newbies would've migrated here. Obviously, you & I as well as others are here less for the style of the commercial but more for the content of the commercial (namely the luscious & delicious CLA)!

I know a lot of Super Bowl viewers would've tuned-out (mentally and/or physically) at that awesome wolf/scenery advert. But, the enthusiast & auto-centric crowd would've tuned-in for sure, and then if compelled meander to the interwebz (and eventually here)!

Long-story-short... theatrics, drama, easy-on-the-eyes "scenery", and even some kitsch is seemingly necessary to market a more mainstream offering. There will be for sure a different, and larger demographic drawn to MB through the CLA. I'm not just talking financial stature & the like, but also creative & indie types who otherwise would've not even considered the brand. This CLA offering is definitely breaking/crossing the chasm for MB in North America. It's not just a status symbol or a safe, secure, and sound purchase for those wanting such, but it's also daring, fun, and personable.

I believe this CLA will w/o keep me engaged & more in-tune w/ what MB has to offer from time to time. There was occasionally a model that I liked (namely really digging the previous CLS, kinda liking current SLK, somewhat admiring the current S-Class), but I never really was pressed or anxious for what's new and/or changing w/ the SL, E-Class, C-Class, and other platforms. An SL facelift? So what. An E-Class refresh? Yawn. A C-Class redesign? Uhh, ok. Now that MB has my attention as a prospective CLA owner, I'll be more keen & interested in what's going on w/ rest of the lineup, and perhaps even have a particular MB offering in-consideration if I'm the in marketplace for that model-segment or to even advise & recommend such to others.

I started out as enamored w/ the BMW 1-series coupe when I returned from the UK in '05 hoping it'd land stateside when I noted it out & about while in London for awhile. The euphoria was short-lived as the 1-series didn't measure up to me as the marketed package (and rebirth of the simple, sporty, light, value-centric Bimmer of past) it was purported to be. All it proved to be was an executed reason for BMW to validate their ever-increasing MSRP on their bread-&-butter 3-series (which had encroached near $45-$50k when equipped).

MB w/ their CLA so far hasn't done such. There's been no...

"you're in a CLA, but you're getting a weak-sauce motor unless you ante up..."

"you're in a CLA, but this/that is N/A or optional..."

"you're in a CLA, but it's really our budget model so don't expect performance/refinement/tech/etc..."

There isn't that watered-down, down-market, stripped, entry-level, basic, beginner, base model type of feel w/ the CLA.

My only gripe so far, I wanna be able to piece-meal some optional equipment only available through packages (namely the Harman Kardon stero-system & dual-zone auto climate-control from the Premium package, rear bumper-cover from the Sport package). I'd be a happy camper then, ha! It's a 2-way street though, as then MB can make optional currently standard equipment to make the MSRP even more enticing, thus making us customers spend even more for stuff we'd expect in a Benz.
Agreed with the Harman Kardon but surely a reputable shop in the neighborhood can produce something spectacular with aftermarket amps and speakers (I miss my Focal's...) and frankly I have dual zone climate in my Mazda3 it should be standard in the MB...

·
Registered
730 Posts
and frankly I have dual zone climate in my Mazda3 it should be standard in the MB...
That's the thing about Mazda & Hyundai, they are feature-rich at their price-points & market-segments.

If the standard climate-control has an auto mode, I'd be satisfied w/ that as that's what I'm truly seeking. I am not a big fan (so to speak) of having to adjust constantly the fan-speed up/down, being in Texas & all. I'll likely be solo in the CLA over 90%+ of the time, so dual-zone climate-control won't be that much of a need for me.

Interestingly, my salesman at the local area dealership stated that it was tri-zone climate-control! It even showed such on his CLA order builder/configurator. I assume it's a vestige of the MB models ordering sheet, while they fine-tune the CLA version.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i hear ya about the length... but doesnt Mercedes own the field or something they were playing on? i thought Mercedes was sponsoring the Superbowl... oh well, guess ive got a touch of Dementia today...;+)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts