Mercedes CLA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
381 Posts
Saw a YouTube video from 2 weeks ago where a guy picked up his CLA 45s in the UK and it had Merc puddle lights???

Anyone else got them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi mate, No, however, the wiring harness was already in my doors but I had to purchase the OEM puddle lights post delivery, took the dealership no longer than an hour to put them in for me and they look great. They cost the equivalent of about 140 pounds if I remember correctly.

Have you got the car back yet, if so, how did your fault inspection go when you picked it up?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Comes back on Friday.

I spoke with the master technician and we agreed to change the ambient lighting controller.

If nothing else this will rule out that as a potential fault.

If the car is still faulty I’ll be having a different discussion with the dealership.

Fingers crossed

Silva

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
waiting a copper wiring second

the down facing lamps in the doors (not mirrors) were missing? and you paid extra to install them?

was there at least a cover for the cavities?

cuz it sure seems someone forgot to install those at the factory ... those should be standard?

·
Registered
102 Posts
The lights are present… but they don’t project the Mercedes logo on the ground.

There is an OEM part that’s a straight fit but my query was that the car being collected on the video I linked had them like that from the factory.

·
Registered
381 Posts
@jmc They are not an option here in Aus so we have to get them retrofitted (the logo ones), they do come with puddle lights, but they are just that, simple down facing lights. I'm guessing some other market (the youtube one Siva alluded to) do indeed get them as standard or as an option. Seems a bit unfair doesn't it :(

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
O I C
plain old illumination is just not good enough

Kinda reminds me of the early days ... some cars got this ... some cars got that ... as if it was a parts bin lottery for the day

As for the availability of options one wonders why it aint universal across the globe ... perhaps local markets dictate terms

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well I’m in the UK as per the chap in the video that I linked.

Same spec as mine save for his rather swanky matt paint job!

I appreciate the build date is later than mine probably by 8-10 weeks, but the line my dealership has given me having sent them the video link is “they are aftermarket ones”.

I mean really??… he picks it up like that so I doubt it!

Was hoping that as mine was still at the garage they would fit some for me as a gesture… but nope

·
Registered
381 Posts
I guess he could have asked them to fit the logo puddles prior to his delivery. I have not seen anyone else with puddle logos from new, but as I said, different markets, different strokes so who knows. It is all very mysterious! I've got everything crossed for you @SILVAF0XX, I really hope they have rectified everything for you. Please let us know as soon as you have any news.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I guess he could have asked them to fit the logo puddles prior to his delivery. I have not seen anyone else with puddle logos from new, but as I said, different markets, different strokes so who knows. It is all very mysterious! I've got everything crossed for you @SILVAF0XX, I really hope they have rectified everything for you. Please let us know as soon as you have any news.

·
Registered
102 Posts
So ambient lighting is also still faulty!

Think the brakes actually squeal more now than they did when it went in.

To my ears, the rattles that the technician couldn’t find are still there as well - accepted perhaps I’m picky with this but still.

So in summary they fixed a creaky steering wheel in a little over two weeks.

I’m seething right now… no idea what to do!

Even if I go back to Audi there’s no stock so I’d be waiting around 6 months if not more without a car.

Got a call with the Merc sales manager at 16:30 uk so let’s see what he says!

Silva

·
Registered
102 Posts
They’ve offered me a full refund and have confirmed that this plus+ model is no longer being produced so I can’t get a new one.

They have confirmed that I’ll get AR nav retrofitted however - a small win today

So I could go RS3 but having just built one on the configurator I’m not convinced by it

Oh I so wish they’d fixed it

·
Registered
12,565 Posts
film of pad grease on each brake pads slider surfaces should quiet the squeal ... also get a nail file and remove all the edge flashing at the rotor contact surfaces

a drop of high temp mis viscosity silicone oil through a hypodermic at each squeak/rub site should quiet those

lighting well thats an annoyance though turning it off or setting it to static will do for now?

and all the above doesnt make the chariot go any faster

·
Registered
102 Posts
I get your point on those but surely the dealership should have rectified those brakes in 2 weeks!

Going to try a suggested emergency stop this morning as I’m told that may work!?!?

No setting on the lighting will fix short of turning them off on the air vents which I’m not happy about. Again I know this is a small issue on a car but it cost a significant amount of money and in my opinion is not acceptable.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts