Mercedes CLA Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
i hear ya ... for the $ it should be damn near perfect

however all the recent cars were born under duress and since the line rate stayed the same all the incoming qa, line qm, and outgoing qc all went out the window

quite frankly i am surprised some nuts and bolts arent falling off as you drive

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
i quizzed the line techs and engineers during a factory visit and timed the lines and the subfeeds

mostly clockwork ... until one monkey wrench and all bets are off

so they retain the gestapo mentality towards said wrenches but hey the past 18 months were hell so something had to give

and it is showing

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
thats one way of doin it

squealing could be interpreted as an undamped resonance of the mechanical state of the brake caliper system so with say 1mm less pad thickness which moves the pad ears to a different spot in the guide slots that may have stopped the pads from singing to you

but what the hell they are quiet now

have been lucky to have mutes at my corners for more than 7yrs so not looking forward to creating an unintended orchestra when pad or rotor changes are needed .....

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
380 Posts
I get your point on those but surely the dealership should have rectified those brakes in 2 weeks!

Going to try a suggested emergency stop this morning as I’m told that may work!?!?

No setting on the lighting will fix short of turning them off on the air vents which I’m not happy about. Again I know this is a small issue on a car but it cost a significant amount of money and in my opinion is not acceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My brakes are also squeaky, however as time passes (particularly post run in) the squeaks are lessening. I think the more they get used, the squeaks reduce so your full emergency stop idea might not be a bad one. I saw a youtube video on the Shmee150 channel yesterday where he picks up a new RS3 sedan as a run around vehicle and I was not drawn to it at all, just screamed boy racer at me, and I am a long way from being a boy racer (maybe 40+ years ago). I'm a little perplexed as to why they cannot fix the lighting. If its not a fault in the controller then I'd be getting all those vents replaced assuming they have not checked the actual electrics to the vents in question. In different world circumstances, I'd hand it back and take the cheque, however with no stock being available, the incoming price rises, and potentially a 6 - 12 month wait on a new build, I think I would just have to take one for the team and stick with it. I am a naturally impatient person, if the dealership claimed they could not find the lighting fault, i'd have it straight to an auto electrician. If a fault was found, the stealership would be fixing it and paying the auto electricians bill, but thats just me!

·
Registered
98 Posts
My brakes have not stopped squealing completely but are significantly better so I’m going to see how they go.

Car has had a few decent runs and lights have stayed good so I’m going to monitor.

Having had some really good drives in it, I have to say I’m loving it so much. Car looks on point and in terms of performance is an absolute weapon!

If I can get Merc logo puddle lights and AR Nav fitted, plus unlock parallel parking feature (can be done easily) then think I’ll be happy!

Too much stress to order something else so I’m hoping smooth sailing from now on… I just want to enjoy the car now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 46 of 46 Posts