Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We found a front clip of the same color vehicle but it has the sport package. Can I take the front clip from that vehicle ( with sport package ) and put it on this vehicle( without sport package ) ? Would it fit ? Appreciate your response. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Most importantly, is your wife all right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your response. Yes wife is fine. Almost scratchless.

Also, FYI that collosion warning thing doesnt work that great. it was supposed to brake actively but didnt.

Anyway - i spent some time looking at parts and look like part numbers are all same except the side skirts on the grill.

Anyone know what a sports package brings to the CLA ?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I got into a fender bender recently and the front collision warning did not go off either! I was honestly a little surprised because it seems to go off so often in heavy traffic when I'm not that close to the car in front of me. but the one time I needed it and it failed me! Sport package has different front vents in the bumper for starters so I dunno how the contours work with that piece your looking at.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you. I actually went through part by part and see that most parts are the same ( atleast the big ones) but some parts of the grill ( example diamond grill ) are different and i am thinking they shou;d fit in there no issue.

·
Registered
9,961 Posts
No everything front of fendors. Fendors, Hood, Radiator assembly, bumper grill, etc.
oh the whole shibang ... :cool:
most sports package parts should fit especially since you are reworking from scratch anyway and hopefully your 16 is prefacelift then it should be straightforward

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
oh the whole shibang ... :cool:
most sports package parts should fit especially since you are reworking from scratch anyway and hopefully your 16 is prefacelift then it should be straightforward
I believe he is coming from a non sport package so im not sure how the bumper supports fit into all this.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts