Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, looking for some guidance. About to pick up another CLA, this one being the 250 AMG. It currently has the 7” media screen with frame. I see on the Mercedes spec brochure for 2017, that my car could have been spec’d with the 8” frameless, which I presume would have come with the full comand system. I am wondering if because the 8” is an option on the original build, it could be swapped out for the 7” I have on a plug and play basis. Does anyone have this experience or know if it’s as straightforward as that? Mine has the garmin sat nav, reversing camera and 20 cd audio, just in case that comes in to play in terms of screen compatibility.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't know about doing an upgrade but I specd the 8" screen with Audio 20 on my 2015 CLA250.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Richard141, sounds promising. Although I when I got the car yesterday, the sales guy seemed to think a software change was needed. That said, I don't think he had even convinced himself that was right. Your suggestion makes me think its possible. Might give it a go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts