Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Nascar

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  07SGT 
#1 ·
I read recently where NASCAR is stating that Audi might enter NASCAR. Remember, Toyota did the same thing to increase sales. If Audi would enter would Mercedes follow?

#3 ·
#7 ·
I don't know if the rules require the car to be built in America or not. I am not an expert on those rules. However, you can not run an overhead cam engine. Toyota had to convert their engine to pushrod in order to compete. So would Honda. And all the bodies are exactly the same except minor differences to the grill area and decals for headlights and grill and tail lights.

#8 ·
I don't know if the rules require the car to be built in America or not. I am not an expert on those rules. However, you can not run an overhead cam engine. Toyota had to convert their engine to pushrod in order to compete. So would Honda. And all the bodies are exactly the same except minor differences to the grill area and decals for headlights and grill and tail lights.
1. Yes

2. I would be very surprised if there was a piece of a street engine in these engines. These engines are made specifically this I think ..

#9 ·
Actually there is nothing stock in stock cars anymore. All bodies are exactly the same for cost-savings and to ensure they all can meet the stringent safety requirements. The engines are not stock and are special racing engines. actually all the blocks, Ford, Chevy and Toyota, are cast in England at one foundry. There is not anything stock in the engine and y ou cannot even buy the block from the factory in any car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.