Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I scratched my car. Dunno how but it happened. A two inch scratch on my door. Anybody have any advice for me on how to fix it? I have a metallic silver paint job and the scratch is visibly lighter then the paint although it is not as deep as if to reach the metal under the paint. Is there any tried and true way I can make it completely invisible to the naked eye? I tried google but everything google results throws at me just seems like covert marketing and page hit whoring or a solution that requires power tools as i dont have any.

ie does anyone else find themselves growing increasingly suspicious of tech giants like facebook and google? These suckers know more about us then our closest relatives. Maybe the Amish were on to something?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Sounds like a clear-coat blemish that can be either buffed or polished out. Try a scratch-remover product, then some fine polish while buffing it out. Always start off w/ the least aggressive product/solution.

If the "scratch" is down to the paint, then a more aggressive approach is needed. Touch-up paint may be required, then polishing & buffing.

Reactions: shazada
1 - 3 of 3 Posts