Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to get my battery replaced at Autozone. I knew which battery I needed H7 AGM. Battery was installed and then I realized that I wasn't given a receipt. Went back to AutoZone to get a receipt and the receipt they generated for me wasn't under my name and it said the receipt was for an H7-EFB battery. Went back into the store and told them that the Name, vehicle and battery was wrong. They said it was fine cause its for the warrantee. I left and am going back to AutoZone today to fix this mess. My question is, is the H7-EFB ok for my car? I want them to look at the battery that was installed and double check it to make sure its an H7-AGM which is what I wanted. Thanks for any input

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
EFB (Enhanced Flooded Battery) is a lower-tier option vs AGM's. It will work with your car nonetheless. Though my Autozone AGM only lasted roughly 2 years and died without warning so Im not sure about Autozone battery quality.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I'm going back to AutoZone now to see which battery they put in. There's a 3 year warranty, but none the less I want the battery to be an AGM. Im pretty annoyed with this entire thing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks again. Sure enough it was the wrong batter that was installed. No problem though.It was switched out and the AGM installed. Also found out that apparently the red positive terminal cap grew feet and ran away cause it wasn't there when we opened the hood today. It must have disappeared yesterday when they took my old battery out. No big deal though cause I know they have them online. Still annoying though.

·
Registered
12,561 Posts
good lord they must have monkeys at that store?

think the red terminal cap is part of the battery ... at least they are on the vartas and bosches

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They weren't too knowledgeable that's for sure. I can purchase a new terminal cover online. They had some in the store but of course it needs to be a Mercedes cover. None would fit. I'll just purchase online. I should give the bill for them. It's a cheap $3 or $4 piece of plastic, but I'm sure it will be $10 after shipping is figured out. Funny thing is though, the ECO start/stop started working again.and it hasn't worked in a very long time.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
The Eco start/stop will only work when certain parameters are met, main battery included. So when it stops working, it is a good indication that your main battery no longer has enough cranking amps, even though it continues to start the engine, hence time for a replacement.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
412 Posts
They weren't too knowledgeable that's for sure. I can purchase a new terminal cover online. They had some in the store but of course it needs to be a Mercedes cover. None would fit. I'll just purchase online. I should give the bill for them. It's a cheap $3 or $4 piece of plastic, but I'm sure it will be $10 after shipping is figured out. Funny thing is though, the ECO start/stop started working again.and it hasn't worked in a very long time.
Glad your battery got straightened away! Sorry to hear your eco stop/start started working again. I guess you're back to always shutting it off:confused:

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts