Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer is telling me even though he has allocation for a CLA45 AMG, he is not able to place a NetStar order at all until the next cycle (December?) due to delayed availability of a specific package (Night Styling).

Seems others with this option have orders with H1 build/delivery dates so I'm hoping someone who knows more about NetStar can chime in.

Thanks!

-D-

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
My dealer is telling me even though he has allocation for a CLA45 AMG, he is not able to place a NetStar order at all until the next cycle (December?) due to delayed availability of a specific package (Night Styling).

Seems others with this option have orders with H1 build/delivery dates so I'm hoping someone who knows more about NetStar can chime in.

Thanks!

-D-
Night Styling package won't be available for order till 2014 ( January build date for mid -late Feb or March delivery at the earliest.)
We have been talking on the forum for months about this problem.
I really dislike my car without it but don't want to wait another 5-6 months since I placed my order in May.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Night Styling package won't be available for order till 2014 ( January build date for mid -late Feb or March delivery at the earliest.)
We have been talking on the forum for months about this problem.
I really dislike my car without it but don't want to wait another 5-6 months since I placed my order in May.
If you really dislike it without the package why not find a good paint shop to paint the trim bits piano black? I can't imagine it would cost very much. I bet they could take care of the window trim, too. Then just pick up the black chromed tips when they're available in the accessory/replacement part catalog.

-Eric

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
If you really dislike it without the package why not find a good paint shop to paint the trim bits piano black? I can't imagine it would cost very much. I bet they could take care of the window trim, too. Then just pick up the black chromed tips when they're available in the accessory/replacement part catalog.

-Eric
That's looking like my best option, Eric. I generally dislike messing with factory installations but I have little choice at this time.
The window trim is the biggest challenge. I cannot risk it chipping or flaking prematurely.
I prefer the exhaust tip in chrome anyway so that won't be an issue.

·
Registered
178 Posts

Thanks!

-D-
He should be able to add it for a January production month.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
That's looking like my best option, Eric. I generally dislike messing with factory installations but I have little choice at this time.
The window trim is the biggest challenge. I cannot risk it chipping or flaking prematurely.
I prefer the exhaust tip in chrome anyway so that won't be an issue.
Try vinyl. I've done my rear diffuser and it looks great. You can wrap emblems, window trim and the whole car.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Do they bubble or wrinkle over time ?
2 years no issues. When they install it they heat it up so it stretches than shrinks and this is how the final product will lay. I'll be wrapping some things on the 45 when I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

1 - 9 of 9 Posts