Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We have some pretty watchful eyes here at MercedesCLA.org - Eric (Sue Esponte) noticed that his dealer sent him an updated Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG ordering guide... lo and behold it was updated from version 1.0 to 1.1. What has changed in this update? Not a ton, there are some minor differences and Eric was kind enough to put together a list for your enjoyment. He'll save you the trouble of comparing the PDF's side by side since he already did that :)

Sue Esponte said:
I went through the two files. The differences were very minor and both changes were on page 11:

736 – Black Ash Trim – Optional $325
(new/added: "Not available with 811 until approx. 1 Aug")
H14 – Burl Walnut Trim – Optional $325
(new/added: "Not available with 811")

I will also note that on Page 12, the price of 811 Black "Red Cut" Leather is still listed as “$tba”, however, the dealer included a price of $2,200 on my order sheet for this option.

A lot of people have made a big deal out of the fact that you can get a base Recaro seat with MB-Tex for $2,200. It's worth noting that the 811 leather on the basic seat also includes the P39 AMG Exclusive Package which consists of:

• Heated front sports seats with black leather RED CUT upholstery with contrasting red topstitching and 4-way lumbar support
  • Seat Comfort package
  • light aluminium trim with longitudinal grain (H79)
  • 3-spoke sports multifunction steering wheel in nappa leather with contrasting topstitching in red, perforated in the grip area and with flattened bottom section
  • gearshift lever in nappa leather with contrasting topstitching in red
  • dashboard in ARTICO man-made leather with red contrasting topstitching and air vents with surround and cruciform nozzle in silver chrome
  • beltlines in ARTICO man-made leather with red contrasting topstitching in wrap-around look
  • armrest with fore-and-aft adjustment on the center console with red contrasting topstitching
  • door armrests with silver chrome trim and red contrasting topstitching
  • door center panels in ARTICO man-made leather with red contrasting topstitching
  • black headlining
  • brushed stainless steel sports pedals with rubber studs
  • cord floor mats with black piping and red topstitching with AMG lettering
  • aluminium front and rear door sill panels (front as standard)
  • multifunction holder in the center console
  • cover on stowage compartment in the center console
  • 12 V socket in the rear
  • infrared sensor in the driver's door (summer opening/closing)
  • extended central locking system (infrared) with key-operated convenience closing for the side windows and panoramic sliding sunroof (optional)
...in addition to the Y05 red seat belts and 880 IR open/close windows. The MB-Tex Recaro doesn't include any of the above other than the Y05 red seat belts.

-Eric
You can download the full updated PDF at the following link: http://www.mercedescla.org/hosted/CLA45_DOG_V1.1.pdf - Thanks Eric!

·
Registered
2,921 Posts

We have some pretty watchful eyes here at MercedesCLA.org - Eric (Sue Esponte) noticed that his dealer sent him an updated Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG ordering guide... lo and behold it was updated from version 1.0 to 1.1. What has changed in this update? Not a ton, there are some minor differences and Eric was kind enough to put together a list for your enjoyment. He'll save you the trouble of comparing the PDF's side by side since he already did that :)

You can download the full updated PDF at the following link: http://www.mercedescla.org/hosted/CLA45_DOG_V1.1.pdf - Thanks Eric!
I may be confused. The 555+651 non leather Artico / Dinamica Recaro which is not currently available is a stand alone option for $2200.

The basic seat with red cut leather is $2200 instead of $1500 for the regular leather (e.g. 811) - we know they all come with the very nice Artico ( MB Tex) covered dash and door.
The heated seats really do not come with the package. You have to order P01 premium package to get ANY form of leather for $2200 and heated seats is part of that !!!
I would have jumped for the leather basic seats if I didn't have to order the P01 premium package. That's why any leather seat option effective costs $3700 ( $4400 with red cut, $5950 with Recaro and $6650 with Red cut Recaro.)
Now if you are going to get P01 premium package anyway, then the leather would be $1500, $2200, $3750 and $4450 more. Please correct me if I am wrong because I want the leather but I also want to control my bottomline cost of the car.
Everythin else listed is standard on all CLA45 including the red seat belt. They are not part of the leather package !

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
i just dropped MM and added red cut leather! ty!

925 dest
So you are passing up on the panoramic roof, red AMG Calipers, AMG exhaust and AMG exclusive steering wheel.
I want the night styling package too but Jan build car won't be ready till Late Feb to mid March and that's too long to wait for me...I will have to paint the trims and replace the mirror housings myself.

·
Registered
896 Posts
i have to disagree ... not all of the rest of the stuff is not standard...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
So you are passing up on the panoramic roof, red AMG Calipers, AMG exhaust and AMG exclusive steering wheel.
I want the night styling package too but Jan build car won't be ready till Late Feb to mid March and that's too long to wait for me...I will have to paint the trims and replace the mirror housings myself.
You don't need to paint, go vinyl it is cheaper n looks fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
You don't have to paint. Go vinyl it's cheaper and easier. I have on my current car.

·
Registered
896 Posts
youre saying theres no difference between p34 vs p39 ?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
You don't have to paint. Go vinyl it's cheaper and easier. I have on my current car.

From watching wheeler Dealer I realize you can carbon fiber them too and they look so real. Question is - do they last ? Will they start to peel after a year ?
And how much does it cost ? Painting isn't that expensive since you have to remove the trim pieces anyway. And I know it will last.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
From watching wheeler Dealer I realize you can carbon fiber them too and they look so real. Question is - do they last ? Will they start to peel after a year ?
And how much does it cost ? Painting isn't that expensive since you have to remove the trim pieces anyway. And I know it will last.
I have carbon fiber rear diffuser. 2 yrs no issues.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Now I know why my customer was asking me about Black Wood with her Red/Black Leather today. However, it was too late as her car is already in production. Red/Black was only available with Aluminum or CF Trim when we ordered her vehicle.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Now I know why my customer was asking me about Black Wood with her Red/Black Leather today. However, it was too late as her car is already in production. Red/Black was only available with Aluminum or CF Trim when we ordered her vehicle.
So now black wood can be ordered with this, nice.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
I may be confused. The 555+651 non leather Artico / Dinamica Recaro which is not currently available is a stand alone option for $2200.

The basic seat with red cut leather is $2200 instead of $1500 for the regular leather (e.g. 811) - we know they all come with the very nice Artico ( MB Tex) covered dash and door.
The heated seats really do not come with the package. You have to order P01 premium package to get ANY form of leather for $2200 and heated seats is part of that !!!
I would have jumped for the leather basic seats if I didn't have to order the P01 premium package. That's why any leather seat option effective costs $3700 ( $4400 with red cut, $5950 with Recaro and $6650 with Red cut Recaro.)
Now if you are going to get P01 premium package anyway, then the leather would be $1500, $2200, $3750 and $4450 more. Please correct me if I am wrong because I want the leather but I also want to control my bottomline cost of the car.
Everythin else listed is standard on all CLA45 including the red seat belt. They are not part of the leather package !
Yes, you are correct. You still have to order P1 with the leather and not MB-Tex. For me, P1 is a given. That said, when equipped as such, the dealer print out just included $2,200 for the 811 and $2,200 for the P1. There wasn't also a $1,500+ charge for the required 396 pkg (with p39). The regular leather options are still $1,500...plus, if you want to count it, $2,200 (for the p1 pkg). I hope this makes sense.

-Eric

1 - 17 of 17 Posts