Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
some interesting comments in the article:

"There’s virtually no turbo lag with the drive mode for the seven-speed dual clutch auto set to either Sport or Manual but it does feel a bit doughy in Eco mode as it tries to maintain taller gears to improve fuel economy. The gearbox does have some of the low-speed jerkiness that’s inherent in dual-clutchers, but is far and away the benchmark for its class." Other reviews have criticized the transmission quite strongly. Is it possible MB redid the software for this review?

"And while Mercedes says it is extremely important that the CLA has that degree of sportiness in its character - it’s not as hard core as a Megane RS but much sharper than its direct rivals from BMW (even its M135i) and Audi "--

"Even though our test car was fitted with the optional Sports suspension that is both stiffer and lower and riding on 18-inch alloys fitted with 225/45 tyres, it has excellent ride quality with delicate damping to soak up bumps. But it also offers a fairly neutral front-drive balance with plenty of grip when pushed to the limits. Even when it is pitched hard into extremely tight hairpins, the CLA 250 barely squirms on its tyres, with plenty of grip that makes the electronic stability control conspicuous by its absence."- they have even praised the suspension here, another sore point with other reviewers.

Yeah MB has definetly tweaked something after many of the last reviews, which is good news for us, the consumers :smile:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Different drivers different feel for any car. Drive it yourself when they touch down and be the ultimate judge of it for yourself. Same as with restaurants and certain foods, gotta taste it for yourself to see how really good or bad it is.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Different drivers different feel for any car. Drive it yourself when they touch down and be the ultimate judge of it for yourself. Same as with restaurants and certain foods, gotta taste it for yourself to see how really good or bad it is.
No thats fine, but every previous review has had the same two complaints; suspension and transmission. Now suddenly things are much improved in this review.

·
Registered
80 Posts
True I read all of them and some are a bit bias I think. They rate the car 8.4, 8.6 out of 10 I'll take those numbers. They were testing the weaker cars also. People expecting way to much. It's a $30,000 Benz it's not going to ride like an e class or an s class.
cisternac4002 said:
No thats fine, but every previous review has had the same two complaints; suspension and transmission. Now suddenly things are much improved in this review.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts