Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, My wife and I have been leasing a CLA250 since 2016 and the lease is about to end. Actually, my wife drives the car exclusively (I own an Alfa Romeo Giulia ti Sport). She has been very happy with the car overall and it drives very nicely. Since the lease is about to expire, we are looking at either leasing a new one, purchasing a new one, or buying the existing car. The dealer has priced out a new 2020 model and at this moment there aren't any available to look at or test drive but based on what we see, it will be a fantastic car. After pricing out the 2020 model, we came up with a total price with all the options around $47k and the dealer here is only willing to discount the car by $500 from list :( But I haven't tried negotiating the price yet.

First question I have is what options are worth having and which ones aren't? I know this is very subjective but it would be good to hear what people think. Currently, we have selected white exterior, light beige interior, wood grain dash, upgraded LCD screens, 18" wheels with all season RFT's, sunroof (seems that is now standard eq.), illuminated star on front, heated seats, etc.

Second questions is how much discount should one expect considering we would be ordering the car? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was hoping for at least a "welcome" reply, or some type of feedback from any of the thousands of forum members :(
The actual pricing and options we selected for the 2020 CLA-250 are:

Car: $38,650 (Polar White $0 extra, Beige interior $0 extra)
Multimedia Group: $1,150
Premium Package: $1,100
Walnut Wood trim: $325
Garage Door opener: $280 (seems high but a must-have)
Blind Spot Assist: $550
Sirius XM radio: $460
Heated front Seats: $580
64 Color Ambient Lighting: $310 (could do without but it seems really cool)
Illuminated Star: $450 (I know, I know... but wife insists)
Rear Spoiler: $350

Total: $44,205 (plus destination charge $995)
TOTAL: $45,200

Plus 6.5% tax and I believe some fee for title transfer.

What options have we missed that are useful? Any feedback would be very helpful :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi Martyn, and welcome. I'm not sure how many of us have actually looked at the new 2020 model as an option as yet, I know there are a couple of the European members who are now proud owners, perhaps they can chime in about the 'must have' options given their experience with the new model.

@WhatsoN any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
the door opener not being part of the premium package seems chintzy on MB's part. for a 2020 I'd spring for all the new MBUX stuff, including the AR stuff.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome and great feedback guys. I do like the euro delivery idea but planning that and adding the cost of travel, lodging, etc., would likely more than offset the savings... but it would be quite the experience for sure. As for the MBUX stuff I'm a bit behind on this so need to do a bit of research. Even though I am leasing a 2016 CLA now, its the wife's car and I barely get to touch it (except to wash/clean it LOL).

·
Registered
9,645 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and great feedback guys. I do like the euro delivery idea but planning that and adding the cost of travel, lodging, etc., would likely more than offset the savings... but it would be quite the experience for sure. As for the MBUX stuff I'm a bit behind on this so need to do a bit of research. Even though I am leasing a 2016 CLA now, its the wife's car and I barely get to touch it (except to wash/clean it LOL).
EDP worked well for me as I had miles and points to cover the whole trip ... before they expired
Keep something in mind with these new gaugeless clusters ... glare

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the door opener not being part of the premium package seems chintzy on MB's part. for a 2020 I'd spring for all the new MBUX stuff, including the AR stuff.
I did discover that the MBUX Voice Control and MBUX Multimedia System are both on the "Standard Accessories" list. Also, included as standard now are: Remote Start, Static LED Headlights, Big Fuel tank (17 Gall), HD Radio, Knee Airbag, Apple Car Play/Android Auto, Paddle Shifters on Steering Wheel, plus the sunroof I already mentioned. None of these are in the 2016 CLA that we have now.

So has anyone in the USA taken delivery of a 2020 CLA250, or would I be one of the first!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am UK based so seems our options are vastly different, over here it is mainly split into trim levels. I have gone for 250 AMG Premium pack which does seem to include some of the options you have had to pay extra for. Suppose this is the difference in markets. Not got mine, yet pick up on Monday :D Happy to share experience after that but looks like a great car with amazing tech for the money. Managed to negotiate reasonable discount (approx 10%) which I was happy with for a car that is still in very shot supply in the UK. Test drove a 220 model and that was great, tech is amazing so 250 should only improve on this.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
please share your thoughts and pics when you take delivery!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am UK based so seems our options are vastly different, over here it is mainly split into trim levels. I have gone for 250 AMG Premium pack which does seem to include some of the options you have had to pay extra for. Suppose this is the difference in markets. Not got mine, yet pick up on Monday :D Happy to share experience after that but looks like a great car with amazing tech for the money. Managed to negotiate reasonable discount (approx 10%) which I was happy with for a car that is still in very shot supply in the UK. Test drove a 220 model and that was great, tech is amazing so 250 should only improve on this.
Seems like you made a great deal and soon to be the owner of a great car! Post pics shen you can and let us know your first impressions. BTW I’m from the UK originally, moved to USA 40 years ago!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi neil77 - How is your new CLA 250? Ours is on order but probably wont get until late November.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts