Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm a newbie here and I recently ordered my first MB from SoCal/MBLN. Put a fully refundable $1k down and was told it would be ready in November 2013.

CLA45 [C117] Cosmos black metallic/ brown leather w Ash trim. All the bells and whistles excluding the exterior carbon fiber trim package, which wouldn't really be noticeable on a black car. I wish there were a lighter beige (leather) interior which would be a better contrast with the black. I *might* switch it to the grey interior and if so might change the exterior to mountain grey metallic. Luckily I have some time to think about it :D

Also not too thrilled about the lack of KeylessGo. I's hard to go back once you have it!

Pics from mercedes-benz.de configurator:
Screen Shot 2013-05-24 at 1.24.28 PM.JPG Screen Shot 2013-05-24 at 1.24.16 PM.JPG Screen Shot 2013-05-24 at 1.24.36 PM.JPG

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dealer informed me due to the late availability of the AMG Night Styling my P60 option was removed.

After reviewing the order guide I've made the following additions and subtractions:

Change exterior color paint:
from 191 - Cosmos Black
to 991 - designo Magno Polar Silver

Change leather interior:
from 555 + 804 Nut Brown Leather
to 555 + 811 Black "Red Cut" Leather

Remove:
649 - 18-Inch AMG Twin 5-Spoke Wheels
B58 - AMG Center Cap for Wheels

Add:
787 - 19-Inch 16-Spoke Alloy in Black
U21 - AMG Performance Exhaust
U70 - Red Brake Calipers

Add VPC Options:
120 - AMG Illuminated Door Sills
104 - Rear Spoiler

Basically paint from black to matte grey and the interior from brown to black:

Screen Shot 2013-06-26 at 5.56.08 PM.JPG Screen Shot 2013-06-26 at 5.56.43 PM.JPG

·
Registered
294 Posts
designo magno polar silver!?!?! how do you plan on maintaining that if its a daily driver? I don't know much about matte colors but i've heard they are impossible to maintain unless its like a showcar.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
designo magno polar silver!?!?! how do you plan on maintaining that if its a daily driver? I don't know much about matte colors but i've heard they are impossible to maintain unless its like a showcar.
I just heard I'd never need to wax it. I've never had a matte car so I didn't know it was impossible to maintain. I wonder if it's even ok to park outside for a long period of time like when I park at the airport...

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Talk to the dealer. I don't think you want to store a matte car outside for extended periods. From what I've read, bird droppings and other contaminants need to be removed almost immediately in order to avoid irreparably damaging the paint.

-Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts