Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! My name is Lucca Paletta, I'm 22 years old, from west Michigan. This forum has been amazing to read and learn about the nitty gritty stuff about these cars that I can't learn from YouTube or online reviews. I've been shopping for a new car for 6 years (eventually it became an obsession) and have about 3 spreadsheets for features, mpg, and cost. After all that work (where the Honda Civic si rightfully won), I saw this BEAUTY on the lot at the local used Mercedes dealer and bought it that day. Pretty much an impulse buy. 2017 CLA250 4matic Motorsport Edition

I guess I bought it because I love Mercedes (family has owned 3 of them) and the looks couldn't be beat. It was the year I wanted, I thought I'd be 60 before I could afford a car with AMG seats, and it had apple CarPlay, which was one of the big draws toward the Honda. I secret wanted one of these the moment they came out in 2014. I figured it was time.

Also, I take personal pride in hypermiling, which is why I threw in the last picture.

P.S. I've never been a part of a forum before, so if I breach any kind of etiquette please let me know!

·
Registered
11,750 Posts
Nice long drives on flats at 70-75 these 250s will easily do >38mpg (real not gauge)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice long drives on flats at 70-75 these 250s will easily do >38mpg (real not gauge)
Even the 4matics, though? I've seen the FWD versions get some crazy numbers, but I know the AWD really takes a toll. I had to really struggle to get that 38, pulsing between 60 and 65 on a flat highway. As soon as I touch 70 it drops down to ~34. Is temperature a big factor? it was 37 when I got that pic

·
Registered
11,750 Posts
Intake and ambient temps indeed have an effect on power and efficiency ... all sorts of other factors kick in as well, though in general mpg at say 70f is usually better than that at say 30f

1 - 6 of 6 Posts