Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and also new to Mercedes. Till now I have been a fan of the Audi (had A3, A4 over time) but now own a Mercedes (and I am very proud of this car to be honest), just got a good offer from someone that brings cars and took it. Of course, it was a minus (not really for me or my gf because we are using the car in the city so it's ok after all) with the engine, as it is the one from Renaul 1.5 with 109HP and not so much power.

So, the car is from 2017 and it's a CLA 180 with 121.000km (75000miles) with this engine and I have some questions regarding the revisions/inspections, mainly with the timing belt, when it needs to be changed officialy and also with the oil from the gearbox.

Before I took this car I went to Mercedes to test it, and apart from some minor issues, the car is perfect (that's why I took it :D).

But, they didn't give me any plan and to be honest I couldn't find any on the internet. I have a manual in german (the car is from Germany) so not much I could understand :)

Please if you can help me with a manual (in english for the european market) and some official numbers? Because I know at renault engines the timing belt is to be changed at 90k km, but at Mercedes is nothing officially...

Thank you very much for your patience and help.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and also new to Mercedes. Till now I have been a fan of the Audi (had A3, A4 over time) but now own a Mercedes (and I am very proud of this car to be honest), just got a good offer from someone that brings cars and took it. Of course, it was a minus (not really for me or my gf because we are using the car in the city so it's ok after all) with the engine, as it is the one from Renaul 1.5 with 109HP and not so much power.

So, the car is from 2017 and it's a CLA 180 with 121.000km (75000miles) with this engine and I have some questions regarding the revisions/inspections, mainly with the timing belt, when it needs to be changed officialy and also with the oil from the gearbox.

Before I took this car I went to Mercedes to test it, and apart from some minor issues, the car is perfect (that's why I took it :D).

But, they didn't give me any plan and to be honest I couldn't find any on the internet. I have a manual in german (the car is from Germany) so not much I could understand :)

Please if you can help me with a manual (in english for the european market) and some official numbers? Because I know at renault engines the timing belt is to be changed at 90k km, but at Mercedes is nothing officially...

Thank you very much for your patience and help.
I have the schedule maintenance for a CLA250, it is not exact but could give you an idea. I follow this and do the maintenance myself on my car. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you very much, but unfortunately i think these are different engines, the one I have it's a 1.5cm3 109CP from Renault...

But I think I can make an approximative idea till someone with a good heart may help me for the 1.5 engine :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So...no one can help me out? :(

Another thing, do you know if this diesel engine has a clasic diesel filter? I can not seem to find it for the revision...

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
.... i think these are different engines, the one I have it's a 1.5cm3 109CP from Renault...
Can you please upload a photo that identifies your engine as a Renault?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A photo of the engine itself you mean? Yes, of course it's a Renault engine, but I will try and catch a photo later on, if that helps :))

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
A photo of the engine itself you mean? Yes, of course it's a Renault engine, but I will try and catch a photo later on, if that helps :))
For those of us who are less informed, it comes as fresh news, that MB would factory install a Renault engine within....except of course as a owner mod.
(The MB engine has MB Part #'s stamped all over it.)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Sorry about being late with the photo with the engine, I totally forgot about this topic :)

So, again, this is the engine 1.5 cm3 109CP, the car is from oct 2016 on the European Market, if anyone out there can maybe help me with a manual? Thanks again :)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Can you please upload a photo that identifies your engine as a Renault?
Hate to appear even less informed, but what is it, on your engine, that identifies it as a Renault.
Your photo just shows Mercedes.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
....Please if you can help me with a manual (in english for the european market) and some official numbers? Because I know at renault engines the timing belt is to be changed at 90k km, but at Mercedes is nothing officially...
Note that jmc in Comment # 10 above, has provided documentation (y) with the news (20 Dec. 2017), that Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi & Daimler would be jointly manufacturing certain engines.
So, the answer to your question is that Your local MB Dealer should be able to order the materials you need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts