Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I collected my CLA 45s AMG last weekend and thought I'd share some pictures I took!

I was amazed after having so many delays on this vehicle that it went from being not built, to being at the dealership in a little over a week... which I was very happy with. Car was ordered by the dealer in May with an expected delivery of mid July, but then as we all know due to the issue with part availability it kept being pushed backwards.

I was told that not a single 45s had been delivered to the UK since new registrations in March and that mine was the first one into the country since.

The car is the weirdly named plus+ so that only option I didn't select at the time was the driver assistance package (the only option at all on the configurator) which in hindsight I wish I'd gone for but the car is still very well equipped.

I went for basically full on black inside and out and will take a few more pictures if anyone wants any. I will also share my experience so far having come from having Audi cars for the last 8 years and stepping out of an S3 Sportback and into this beast.

Hope to get to know some of you

Richard

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Automotive tail & brake light
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Grille
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just posted this on another thread and truth be told I’m not 100%

I only left off one pack having ordered the plus+ but I’m not sure what is different.

It’s complicated because apparently the UK has different standard spec.

I didn’t get the heads up display which was my biggest disappointment I suppose… should I have had that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just posted this on another thread and truth be told I’m not 100%

I only left off one pack having ordered the plus+ but I’m not sure what is different.

It’s complicated because apparently the UK has different standard spec.

I didn’t get the heads up display which was my biggest disappointment I suppose… should I have had that?

Let me clarify what I was asking. Are there any options that you selected that didn't end up getting installed on the car you received?

Due to the chip shortages Mercedes is removing some options from people's cars. For example no AR Nav, no AMG Track Pace app, no data communication, etc.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understood what you were asking… I’m just not 100% in what I should have so I don’t know if anything is missing.

I’ll do some more digging but as far as I’m concerned I’ve got basically everything I should have so all good.

In the UK some options aren’t standard and that’s what I was getting at.

I’m new to Merc having been a long time Audi owner so all the terminology is still a tad confusing but let me revert when I’m more sure.

From what I’ve read I’m quite lucky to have got my car so quickly… with only a few small minor gripes which I’ll perhaps go into another time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should the car have AR nav in the UK?

From what I understand, my car should only be missing distronic as it’s only not got the “Driving assistance package”.

Yet I don’t have the AR Nav, Heads up display or tailgate release (using foot)
All other features are present and correct.

Rich.

·
Registered
412 Posts
all those items have been pulled by merc due to chip shortage , so you lost a few bits, but a nice looking motor for sure

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
all those items have been pulled by merc due to chip shortage , so you lost a few bits, but a nice looking motor for sure
ah right so we know that they should have been there originally? I did wonder.. that’s a shame!

I reckon the HUD would have been handy when pushing on hard. My wife’s A35 is quite brutal when you hit the limiter so no idea what this will be like and it spools up fast! Not gone past 4500 rpm though yet 😇

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One other thing I noticed was there were no Mercedes puddle lights.

In fact other than illuminated sills the outdoor lighting is quite boring. The Audi had rings projected onto the floor.

can anything be retrofitted?

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
356 Posts
Reactions: SILVAF0XX

·
Registered
412 Posts
One other thing I noticed was there were no Mercedes puddle lights.

In fact other than illuminated sills the outdoor lighting is quite boring. The Audi had rings projected onto the floor.

can anything be retrofitted?
look under the door ,should be lights that can be changed for these
Eye Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Road surface

·
Registered
23 Posts
Should the car have AR nav in the UK?

From what I understand, my car should only be missing distronic as it’s only not got the “Driving assistance package”.

Yet I don’t have the AR Nav, Heads up display or tailgate release (using foot)
All other features are present and correct.

Rich.

I think the UK never got 360 degree camera on their cars for some reason. But as for what's specifically missing due to this shortage... check the following:

Augmented Reality Navigation (overlays navigation instructions on a view of what you see in front of you)

AMG Track Pace App (allows you to record performance parameter such as lap times, 0-60, 1/4 mile, braking and give you track driving tips)

Wireless charging

The ability to open your trunk by waving your foot under the bumper

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So on this basis I'm missing two options; AR sat nav and boot release using foot.

The other two, wireless charging and track pace are both present and correct thank goodness. Although if I'm honest I'm not sure I'll ever use track pace so that wouldn't have been a huge loss. I would happily have had one of the other two instead.

Does anyone know if AR sat nav is an easy retrofit for the dealer? Feels like something I could pressure them for if so

1 - 20 of 30 Posts