Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! My family was raised on double GM salaries, so I have always pledged allegiance to American cars...thru thick and thin. I'm currently driving an '06 Pontiac G6 GTP convertible at 114K miles, and I vowed that I would never buy another American car again. It's very difficult to say, but it's time to move on to something more reliable.

So I was set on getting an Acura TL until my buddy told me about the CLA250 this afternoon...and I've been obsessed with it ever since!

This forum has helped to get a lot of information, and I def appreciate everyone's 2cents!!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Nice to have another Lonestar CLA enthusiast on'board! I, too, grew up w/ mostly domestics (namely GM). I believe they do have some interesting offerings as of late (Buick is up to scratch w/ other premium offerings, Caddie has become formidable, Chevy & Jeep have improved noticeably, Ford has solid products, etc) .

The Acura TL is a solid choice for consideration. A lot of tech & feature for the money, in a near-fullsize package. That might be a key point worth considering (the CLA space/volume is very compact market-segment, where the TL is upper realm of midsize roomieness). I believe the compact Acura ILX is even roomier than the CLA. With all that said, how often will we all be sitting in the backseat! :p

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hey everyone! My family was raised on double GM salaries, so I have always pledged allegiance to American cars...thru thick and thin. I'm currently driving an '06 Pontiac G6 GTP convertible at 114K miles, and I vowed that I would never buy another American car again. It's very difficult to say, but it's time to move on to something more reliable.

So I was set on getting an Acura TL until my buddy told me about the CLA250 this afternoon...and I've been obsessed with it ever since!

This forum has helped to get a lot of information, and I def appreciate everyone's 2cents!!
Beans,

First off welcome to the site. I understand you wanting to support American but unfortunately even American cars aren't necessarily made in America anymore. Alot of the imports are more "American" then the "US" vehicles. Look at the Toyota Tundra -- its probably made more in America then any GM or Ford vehicle :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts