Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'M Steve. Currently on my 7th Merc. Four C Class, One SLK and two CLA. First CLA was 200 AMG. Current CLA 200 Premium Plus. Have CLA 250 Premium Plus on order,
Have I made a good decision considering just noticed Tax is 550 quid a year?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I'M Steve. Currently on my 7th Merc. Four C Class, One SLK and two CLA. First CLA was 200 AMG. Current CLA 200 Premium Plus. Have CLA 250 Premium Plus on order,
Have I made a good decision considering just noticed Tax is 550 quid a year?
Hi Steve.

I see you have a CLA 250 on order. Mind if I ask a couple of questions?

I too have a CLA 250 Shooting-brake, Premium Plus with Drivers Assistant pack on order. I ordered it (in the UK) in May. The initial delivery date was 1st September. That was pushed back due to the semi-conductor issue to the 3rd December. It has since gone back again to the 8th March 22.

When did you order yours and has your delivery date slipped?

Following on from a discussion on the A Class forum, I checked the latest brochure for the CLA (January 2022 production) and noted a few items have been removed from the Premium Plus specification, namely Augmented Reality navigation, Electric operated seats and memory function, only the standard audio system is available and the wireless charging has been removed. In the case of the shooting-brake, the rear door electrical opening/closing has also gone.

I spoke to my dealer and confirmed that my build list has been modified removing all the above. They don't really know what will be fitted when the car is delivered and suggested waiting until then. For me this is not an option. I don't think the semi-conductor issue will resolve any time soon, so I am probably not going to accept the car and get a refund on my deposit.

I wondered if you have had the same experience? This is my first Mercedes and the experience has not been great. I totally get this is not MB's problem, but non the less, disappointing to have all the features removed rather than wait until the situation improves.

Mossi

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Steve.

I too have a CLA 250 Shooting-brake, Premium Plus with Drivers Assistant pack on order. I ordered it (in the UK) in May. The initial delivery date was 1st September. That was pushed back due to the semi-conductor issue to the 3rd December. It has since gone back again to the 8th March 22.

Following on from a discussion on the A Class forum, I checked the latest brochure for the CLA (January 2022 production) and noted a few items have been removed from the Premium Plus specification, namely Augmented Reality navigation, Electric operated seats and memory function, only the standard audio system is available and the wireless charging has been removed. In the case of the shooting-brake, the rear door electrical opening/closing has also gone.

I spoke to my dealer and confirmed that my build list has been modified removing all the above. They don't really know what will be fitted when the car is delivered and suggested waiting until then. For me this is not an option. I don't think the semi-conductor issue will resolve any time soon, so I am probably not going to accept the car and get a refund on my deposit.

I wondered if you have had the same experience? This is my first Mercedes and the experience has not been great. I totally get this is not MB's problem, but non the less, disappointing to have all the features removed rather than wait until the situation improves.

Mossi
Hi Steve.

Mossi
Hi Mossi,

I ordered mine about a month ago and been given a delivery date of late March.
I just spoke to my retailer and he confirmed what you said about the seats, augmented reality and radio. Not happy about that but they are getting back to me tomorrow as there may be some financial compensation. I'll let you know the outcome.

Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Mossi,

I ordered mine about a month ago and been given a delivery date of late March.
I just spoke to my retailer and he confirmed what you said about the seats, augmented reality and radio. Not happy about that but they are getting back to me tomorrow as there may be some financial compensation. I'll let you know the outcome.

Steve
My dealer said to me that they were going to offer a deal on servicing. For me that’s not acceptable as I ordered a Premuim Plus for the features. And many of those have now gone. I might just wait until the chip shortage is over and see where we are. Might even be a refresh by then! Will cost me more though. They have put the price up already without these missing features.

Good luck. Let me know how you get on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Canceled mine. Could probably get a Kia for half the price with electric seats.
It’s such a shame. I will be cancelling mine too. I find it very frustrating as a first time MB buyer that I had to contact the dealer to find out the details. They should be contacting me as soon as they knew about the feature removals, not wait until delivery to see what is actually came with.
Good luck in your future car.
Mossi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts