Mercedes CLA Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Guys.....why are we talking about a crapy Ford?? Who cares how many HP it has or how fast is it going down the drag strip. At the end of the day, it's a Ford and that's all I have to say.
And at the end of the day it's ignorant fool fanboys like you who make the car community look bad. True enthusiasts aren't blinded by badges, like yourself.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Back in 2014 -- Stingray was my #2 choice but I selected the CLA45 due to 4wd and 4 doors. So I'm not hating... eventually (after kids have grown) I'll open up to a 2-door -- still gotta have the 4WD though unless I move to warmer climes.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I leave out the 11.9 qtr mile number because it's anecdotal. Going by published numbers only... 12.5 qtr mile for a car that has 500 HP. Which goes directly to my point... big engine numbers with disproportionate performance numbers. Compare it to the CLA45 -- 375 HP in about the same amount of time... that's the point I'm trying to make.

This is part of the reason I opt out of the C63S... having driven one at the academy it was my least liked AMG because it couldn't put the power down effectively. Actually the C63S would be a better comparison to the GT350's but I would say the Mustangs (either version) would be the better buy.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
But all in all, which car is better? GT350 or CLA45?

Porsche Cayman GTS
LOL somewhere out there the Tesla S is ludicrously amused. I'm sure. :) Now there's an American car maker worth talking about...

·
Registered
713 Posts
I leave out the 11.9 qtr mile number because it's anecdotal. Going by published numbers only... 12.5 qtr mile for a car that has 500 HP. Which goes directly to my point... big engine numbers with disproportionate performance numbers. Compare it to the CLA45 -- 375 HP in about the same amount of time... that's the point I'm trying to make.

This is part of the reason I opt out of the C63S... having driven one at the academy it was my least liked AMG because it couldn't put the power down effectively. Actually the C63S would be a better comparison to the GT350's but I would say the Mustangs (either version) would be the better buy.
Agreed, in all honesty my point was only to show what it's capable of. The CLA45's party piece is its accessibility and it's all around performance. But most of the big power, RWD cars that are still using a manual transmission just can't put the power to the ground from a start. They need a good automatic with a sorted launch control (read Z06, F12, any McLaren, etc.). Once the cars get moving any of these 500+hp cars are going to show their power, hence the very low 0-150mph times in comparison.

Funny, I actually looked at a stingray myself as well. But common sense prevailed and I needed an AWD as my daily driver. But if we didn't get snow here and I didn't need AWD, I know I would be in one today :D

·
Registered
713 Posts
Okay buddy, go buy a Ford and leave the forum if you such a fanboy!
I'm not a fanboy at all. I simply appreciate all performance vehicles regardless of marquee. Your statement simply shows your lack of true enthusiasm and your narrow minded perspective.

All you do by saying something so absurd as "it's a Ford what else is there to say" is to make yourself look like an uneducated fool.

And your obvious lack of reading comprehension only goes to prove my last point, since you're comment did not respond to what I had said at all..

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
LOL somewhere out there the Tesla S is ludicrously amused. I'm sure. :) Now there's an American car maker worth talking about...
I love tesla's, but Porsche has the best handling cars. Amazing cars for a nice joy ride.

AMG GT/GTS also amazing. Great handling.

I personally like ford as well. I own 2 ford trucks and 1 hummer H2.
My first f250 ford is a 2000 and has 200k miles and still runs amazingly.

But, my crappy Volkswagon Jetta sportwagen is a pain to drive :(

·
Registered
2,219 Posts

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Is yours a diesel like mine? I am waiting for a buy back before I spring large amounts of dough on my next car.
No I had mine back in the 90s and it was gas.

The last diesel car I had was the legendary... yes, legendary -- Mercedes 300D turbo diesel. It was my parents car... It's the car I learned to drive on... and if I had kids early enough, the car could've potentially served 3 generations in my family. They don't build 'em like they used to *sigh*.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Is yours a diesel like mine? I am waiting for a buy back before I spring large amounts of dough on my next car.
Mine is a 2012 diesel.

I personally dislike it. I never enjoy driving it.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts