Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new owner of a 2018 MB CLA45 AMG. 20kmiles I dont feel any difference at all between 'sport' and 'comfort' suspension. Do others feel a difference? Maybe something is not functioning correctly with the suspension? Thank you in advance for any input.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for replying. May I ask if you might be able to describe what the difference feels like? What maneuvers can I do with my car to see if I feel the difference?

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA 45 S Digital White w/Performance Package
380 Posts
I think that if you cannot feel any difference in the different settings then there may be an issue. The last gen CLAs and 45s are a rough/stiff ride at the best of times however there should be a very noticeable 'softening' of the suspension/ride when in comfort compared to sport. The steering should feel a bit more 'firm' when in sport and the handling/turning should feel a lot tighter as well. It is hard to describe a driving 'feel', but as Caligari said, there is a definite difference between the two settings. If you are still in warranty book it in at the local dealership to take a look at the dynamic settings for you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think that if you cannot feel any difference in the different settings then there may be an issue. The last gen CLAs and 45s are a rough/stiff ride at the best of times however there should be a very noticeable 'softening' of the suspension/ride when in comfort compared to sport. The steering should feel a bit more 'firm' when in sport and the handling/turning should feel a lot tighter as well. It is hard to describe a driving 'feel', but as Caligari said, there is a definite difference between the two settings. If you are still in warranty book it in at the local dealership to take a look at the dynamic settings for you.
Thanks appreciate your time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not to ask a stupid question... but is your car equipped with an adjustable suspension?
I’m referring to the button on center console that looks like a spring that when I press it it toggles between ‘comfort’ and ‘sport’. So I presume the equipment is in the vehicle. Is there another way to verify?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I’m referring to the button on center console that looks like a spring that when I press it it toggles between ‘comfort’ and ‘sport’. So I presume the equipment is in the vehicle. Is there another way to verify?
Oh... if you have a suspension button then obviously you have an adjustable suspension. lol Reason I asked is because on the new gen there is an adjustable AMG suspension which is actually an option.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just wanted to circle back here in case anyone else experiences the same issue as mine, i brought my vehicle into MB service today, they explained to me that the sport suspension can be turned 'on' by pressing the button that looks like a spring when in 'Race' mode for the transmission. When its not in 'Race' mode, the suspension can be toggled between sport/comfort but is not felt with as much difference as when in 'Race' mode. Thanks to all who took the time to reply.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
so now the dealer is telling us there are c s and r suspension modes
one would figure that heavy chuck of paper sheets would give some hint

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do the 2014 CLA45s have this suspension option? My 2014 does not have these buttons on the dash to control the suspension or a toggle. The only button I have is to go from comfort to sport to manual and I believe that only controls the transmission shift points and not the suspension. So with that said, what are the 2014s suspension settings defaulted to? Is it permanently set to a stiffer setting?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
this is what my center console looks like. The silver button second from left looks like a spring and is the suspension toggle button I’m referring to. Not sure if yours has this button.

Car Gear shift Vehicle White Light

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
mine is a 2018 cla45 amg. im ignorant. is mine a c118? because no matter how many times i press the suspension button it never illuminates, although the main dashboard readout indicates that it is toggling between sport/comfort. im thinnking mine is a suspension cpu issue but thats only based on what i am finding on the internet.

·
Registered
52 Posts
mine is a 2018 cla45 amg. im ignorant. is mine a c118? because no matter how many times i press the suspension button it never illuminates, although the main dashboard readout indicates that it is toggling between sport/comfort. im thinnking mine is a suspension cpu issue but thats only based on what i am finding on the internet.
C118 is 2018+ so you might be right about cpu issue.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts