Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw on mbworld the new 2020 CLA does not have a keyless go option. Even the GLB has it in the premium package. I read somewhere it was due to parts issues and it will be added after Jan 2020 builds. Think I'll hold off on my cla purchase till this feature is added.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
What? You are kidding right? I mean you are used to a key geewhiz
Not surprised about production issues ... plant and supply infrastructure spread out lately

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just seems a bit absurd a 45k+ car doesn't have a feature that is standard in cars that cost much less

·
Registered
133 Posts
Maybe this is a USA thing, as Canadian models seem to have no issues with offering Keyless GO. I find it hard to believe though, given that these cars are likely coming out of the same plant.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've confirmed no keyless go. It's actually stated on Mercedes official build brochure for the cla.

Are you sure you are not referring to keyless start? Because that is standard across all models but apparently keyless go is not even a option at this point.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
for me i am not a fan of the constant on access hardware ... much prefer the point of use activation ... minimizes probability of signal intercept ... love the convenience ... dont like the headaches ... many friends and acquaintances have had this experience lately:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’ve got keyless entry and keyless go on my UK Spec CLA 35 with Premium Pack. The key fobs now enter a ’sleep’ state if they've not been moved for 5 minutes or so, meaning that we’re not susceptible to these type of relay attacks when sleeping in our beds. It’s also possible to turnoff the keyless feature with a double-click of the lock button, for those that are even less risk averse.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
off state is best - a faraday bag even better - battery drain is nonzero even in "sleep"
though for the incidents i am aware of they were scoped and cars removed within 90sec ... these goons know their tech ... trickiest one was trailing the owner in a mall parking lot as she was walking away from her car and since her handbag did not have a faraday screen she had no ride home
one would figure they would have a hardware "key" like a firmware 2FA so even if a sick bum has the coded signal the receiver wont engage, cuz the shadow box would not have that bit stream hard coded in its chip
good grief we do secondary (or even tertiary) access verification now for our own accounts ... cars need to catch up ... convenience is one thing, but losing a car cuz teenagers are getting smarter at hacking without contact is not acceptable period ... but thats just me
then theres the whole start your car with your smartphone avenue for hacker zeek to go to town with ... good grief! :cool:

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I have keyless go on my Lexus and am now officially spoiled. How did I live so long pushing a button to unlock the door and amazingly inserting and turning an actual key?!

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
I have keyless go on my Lexus and am now officially spoiled. How did I live so long pushing a button to unlock the door and amazingly inserting and turning an actual key?!
Spoiled indeed!
Wrap that key up when you leave the car man, dont want you to become another statistic
Burn any rubber yet?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Spoiled indeed!
Wrap that key up when you leave the car man, dont want you to become another statistic
Burn any rubber yet?
I have my key fobs in the Faraday pouch at night, but not during when driving. Not yet anyway. I need a smaller
one key pouch to put in my pocket, I suppose.
Burn rubber. What a quaint expression. I must Google. Happy New Year jmc!

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
I have my key fobs in the Faraday pouch at night, but not during when driving. Not yet anyway. I need a smaller
one key pouch to put in my pocket, I suppose.
Burn rubber. What a quaint expression. I must Google. Happy New Year jmc!
HNY2U2 sir!
May not want key in pouch while driving ... not sure what the effects are after ignition? Hmmm.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
HNY2U2 sir!
May not want key in pouch while driving ... not sure what the effects are after ignition? Hmmm.
I didn't mean while driving. I meant when I park after driving. It's in my pocket and I hope for the best.
I'm sure I'd get a message telling me the key was out of range or some such thing if it was in the pouch
while driving.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
I didn't mean while driving. I meant when I park after driving. It's in my pocket and I hope for the best.
I'm sure I'd get a message telling me the key was out of range or some such thing if it was in the pouch
while driving.
Oh ... the “sorry you will be in limp mode as no key detected” courtesy message
A cheap rfid pouch may work? Either that or reynolds wrap heh!

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Oh ... the “sorry you will be in limp mode as no key detected” courtesy message
A cheap rfid pouch may work? Either that or reynolds wrap heh!
I wonder whether this is a real risk. I don't read about it happening. Do you?

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Interesting experiment — start, wrap fob in layers of foil, drive around neighborhood??

·
Registered
2,973 Posts

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Well its funny they are behind on proper security in favor of convenience
Days of leaving doors unlocked are long gone ...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts