Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have key-less go in my new Tacoma. I'm hoping Toyota came up with the solution. My truck knows the whether my key fob is inside or outside the cab as there are certain features ie; you can't lock the doors with the key fob inside. If you use the remote start, the engine stops as soon as the doors are unlocked and the key fob must be present to start it again. With this recognition ability one would think they could code it properly. An additional RFID chip with a close proximity distance limit should do?

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
The proximity trick is most probably signal level thresholding or multipulsetimeofflight etc etc though its not the coding or complexity thereof ... its the cloning of the encrypted/coded signals much like the keyinthesoapbar trick ... so doesnt matter how protected the signaling is as they simply replicate it
Like some of my passwords are 26 characters long including alphanumerics and symbols but a simple keylogger or some other fingerprint/keyspeed variant or transmission sniffer etc will defeat that
Now a 3-fingerprint plus skin oil dna encoded 3D tumbler key in conjunction with an eye scanner and voice recognition in a 2048 millisecond time window entry system may make it tougher for bad players
But then they will just break the glass huh? Case for bullet proof glass .....

21 - 22 of 22 Posts