Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been looking all over in the car and don't seem to find where to put the sunglasses
i know there is the arm rest, the cupholder, but i'm looking for the sunglass holder

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just heard about the euro sunglasses holder. Typically it's located in the spot where the passenger overhead grab handle (aka, oh shit handle) but on the driver's side. I haven't seen it in the CLA but I know it's common in the EU.

·
Registered
155 Posts
There isn't by default. You'd have to get the store package. With that you'd get the nets in the back, drawers under the seats and some other stuff.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I actually sat in one today and noticed there isn't even a space for sunglass storage in the aforementioned location. The passenger location does not receive an overhead grasp handle either. Only the rear seats have handles on either side.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope, checked again and there is no sunglasses holder !
i guess i 'll have to put them in the cup holder .. :-/

·
Registered
896 Posts
is the storage package available in the us ? i saw it in the UK guide

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
122 Posts
JoeyO - of course you have a gun, and that's exactly where you'd keep it!

yes - Euro version also has no sunglass holder nor grab handles in the front.

1 thing that really really annoys me is the cup-holder. an oversight on my part for not spotting that (could've been a potential deal breaker.... just kidding) but you cant even fit a standard takeaway coffee cup in there. my c-class had so much more room in there....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Euro version has sunglasses holder on the roof in the middle if you get the storage package

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
JoeyO - of course you have a gun, and that's exactly where you'd keep it!

yes - Euro version also has no sunglass holder nor grab handles in the front.

1 thing that really really annoys me is the cup-holder. an oversight on my part for not spotting that (could've been a potential deal breaker.... just kidding) but you cant even fit a standard takeaway coffee cup in there. my c-class had so much more room in there....
So what filling up all that space freed up by moving the gear shift to the steering column ?

·
Registered
122 Posts
So what filling up all that space freed up by moving the gear shift to the steering column ?
a deeper compartment where I'm currently keeping my ray bans, but you can't really drop a drink in there. I love my interior too much to be spilling coffee all over it.... by the way, this car is unf'n-believably EPIC!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I got the storage option, under the seats I have a compartment on both passenger and driver, but for sunglasses I have in the middle roof console, right in front of the rear view mirror. Its hard to spot, you just push the console up and there falls a compartment just for sunglass.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I got the storage option, under the seats I have a compartment on both passenger and driver, but for sunglasses I have in the middle roof console, right in front of the rear view mirror. Its hard to spot, you just push the console up and there falls a compartment just for sunglass.
I was afraid of losing headroom with both the memory & storage package..... am 6'3"

Mercedes-Benz CLA220 CDI AMG Sport (14th Sep) in Cirrus White
Pano Sunroof; Exclusive Interior Package; Memory Package; Mirror Package; Intelligent Light System; Drive-kit Plus... yummy yum yum!

Sent from my iPad using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a sunglass holder in my Honda Accord and to be honest the sunglasses got damaged from the heat on hot summer days. So I'd rather save my $$$ and not risk putting them in there ever again.
I guess thats why they have sunglass cases.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts