Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Wife recently had new tires installed at the dealer and now we are getting this message. "Tire Pressure Monitor Inoperative, No Wheel Sensors " does anyone have any experience with this and if it is TPMS or Monitor would that be a warranty item. We have driven it several days since the tire install and then the light came on. Thank you for the help

Attachments

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I would take it back immediately and tell them they botched the install. They prob even charged you for the tps and didn't even install them..

·
Premium Member
13,224 Posts
OMG I just went through this ... looks like you have gone past the "reset" option (presume you already saw that earlier on?)
If so the dealer needs to
- pump up to >46psi to "wake up" the sensors
- "rename" the sensors in Xentry cuz they broadcast their names once awake
Then you
- drive a little bit to "register" the newly named sensors (and relative positions) -> until the readings show up again in the display
- drop the pressures back to normal so the tires dont blow

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently started seeing this exact same problem after changing winter tires to my CLA. I tried everything but couldnt get past this, but nothing helped... So i today took it to local MB service, and was astonished by the lack of experience they had. They said they have never saw this kind of problem, and cant say how to fix it. What kind of service is that? 🤔

Is there no way to get past this, any way to reset? Tried with my chinese OBD2 reader, but apparently TPMS erroras are not official error codes, as reader said there was no error codes.

What should i do? Change back summer tires and hope that it starts working?

·
Premium Member
13,224 Posts
Try
  • 46psi all round
  • Key 2
  • Reset in cluster menu
  • Start
  • Drive ~10min
  • Should register
  • Shut down
  • Back to normal eg 36/32
  • Key 2
  • Reset
  • Start
  • After drive ~10min should see normal psi

Thats my process which works

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try
  • 46psi all round
  • Key 2
  • Reset in cluster menu
  • Start
  • Drive ~10min
  • Should register
  • Shut down
  • Back to normal eg 36/32
  • Key 2
  • Reset
  • Start
  • After drive ~10min should see normal psi

Thats my process which works
Can you please explain what "key 2" means? I have the same issue in my left back tire sensor now on a CLA 45 AMG

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
key in second position. One click from full start.

• Helpful
Reactions: DrOzCLA
1 - 7 of 7 Posts