Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here from Norcal that's picking up the CLA?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Here in the northbay not so patiently waiting for a nov delivery.
Night black
Sport
Premium
Multimedia
Pano roof
Bi xenon

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
There are a few of us... part of the groupbuy.

white/sport pkg here.
I am from the east bay.
Just curious on how the group buy is coming along ?
Does everyone just order their car with a committed discount price from the dealer ?
Stead Motors in Walnut Creek is marking up each CLA by $2991.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think the original groupbuy fell apart.... or still pending for a dealership to bite on the deal...

What i heard is that organizer is trying to get 10% off himself and 6% off for everyone else. ... since the car is so hot right now, no dealership wants to deal with his groupbuy...

So basically, it's a waiting game for them,... they got to wait until there are like 40 cars on the lot - not selling... then this groupbuy will happen.

I did end up on a smaller groupbuy -- about 4 of us. We got ~5% off. I picked up the car yesterday.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey Imaputz, Great to hear that you picked up your car from David! Did you end up with the 5% off MSRP and everything went well? Thanks for letting me know =)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I think the original groupbuy fell apart.... or still pending for a dealership to bite on the deal...

What i heard is that organizer is trying to get 10% off himself and 6% off for everyone else. ... since the car is so hot right now, no dealership wants to deal with his groupbuy...

So basically, it's a waiting game for them,... they got to wait until there are like 40 cars on the lot - not selling... then this groupbuy will happen.

I did end up on a smaller groupbuy -- about 4 of us. We got ~5% off. I picked up the car yesterday.
Really 5% ? Wow, that's close to invoice. I am surprised. That's close to $2000 off ! Nice deal. Those waiting for more will end up not getting the car because you lose enthusiasm with time.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Norcal Member checking in! picked my car up last Thursday during their launch event.

white/sport package

·
Registered
32 Posts
In the same boat Zandra. I'm waiting on a Mountain Gray arriving from port. I'm hoping it gets here this weekend. Got $700 off MSRP. Not a lot but none of the other bay area MB dealers offered better.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Congrats on your Mt Grey CLA. Did you contact RAB motors in San Rafael for pricing?

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum

·
Registered
20 Posts
In the same boat Zandra. I'm waiting on a Mountain Gray arriving from port. I'm hoping it gets here this weekend. Got $700 off MSRP. Not a lot but none of the other bay area MB dealers offered better.
TValdez I am in Novato too. Hope to see you zipping around town

·
Registered
818 Posts
I live in SF but got my E1 for Connecticut.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congrats on your Mt Grey CLA. Did you contact RAB motors in San Rafael for pricing?

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum
Hey dbtk, yes I did contact RAB Motors. They offered me $700 below MSRP. MB in Santa Rosa is offering me a Night Black CLA $1500 below MSRP. I prefer mountain gray but I'm considering going with the Night Black because that is a sizeable discount. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
32 Posts
TValdez I am in Novato too. Hope to see you zipping around town
For sure! I'm probably going to be treating my CLA really nice in the first month though, just to break it in. So you'll probably see me "moseying" around town haha.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey dbtk, yes I did contact RAB Motors. They offered me $700 below MSRP. MB in Santa Rosa is offering me a Night Black CLA $1500 below MSRP. I prefer mountain gray but I'm considering going with the Night Black because that is a sizeable discount. What do you guys think?

TValdez,

$1500 is a great discount! but I would go with the color that I really like. A different of $800 and you are keeping your car for 3 years +. So go look at the car, test drive it and see which one you like more. Good luck with the purchases!

·
Registered
32 Posts
TValdez,

$1500 is a great discount! but I would go with the color that I really like. A different of $800 and you are keeping your car for 3 years +. So go look at the car, test drive it and see which one you like more. Good luck with the purchases!
Thanks Nguyenx49! In actuality, with the savings both dealerships are offering, I'm saving $1500 going with the Night Black instead of the Mountain Gray. I am going to MB Santa Rosa this morning to see the Night Black in person. Thanks for the well wishes!

Also, I've had some difficulty with R.A.B. Motor. I put a deposit on the Mountain Gray CLA, but it was in port, so they told me I'd have to wait a few days for it. Five days later, and I am still waiting for it. My associate keeps telling me "any minute now", and that it is listed as "in their inventory", but they still don't have it. Pretty frustrating. That's part of the reason why I am considering the Night Black CLA from MB Santa Rosa now. I save $1500 and I can get the car today.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks Nguyenx49! In actuality, with the savings both dealerships are offering, I'm saving $1500 going with the Night Black instead of the Mountain Gray. I am going to MB Santa Rosa this morning to see the Night Black in person. Thanks for the well wishes!

Also, I've had some difficulty with R.A.B. Motor. I put a deposit on the Mountain Gray CLA, but it was in port, so they told me I'd have to wait a few days for it. Five days later, and I am still waiting for it. My associate keeps telling me "any minute now", and that it is listed as "in their inventory", but they still don't have it. Pretty frustrating. That's part of the reason why I am considering the Night Black CLA from MB Santa Rosa now. I save $1500 and I can get the car today.
sound good! either color/choice you will love the car! ;) take some pictures and see you around the bay area!

·
Registered
43 Posts

To clarify I got that 10% to me and 6% to others offer from one of the dealer. But I didn't bite. We got more than 6% for everyone including myself. If you know someone in the N.Cal, are interested, they can still join us.

·
Registered
32 Posts
"Service Campaign 2013110004 – MY14 117 engine control module does not correspond to current production configuration, dealer will update software. Approximately 6,735 vehicles are affected have dealer check VMI to see if VIN is included."

I just called RAB Motors in Marin and they said my CLA is one of those needing this software update. Just letting the rest of you bay area folk know, because your CLA probably needs the software update as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts