Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Each dealership will have different target dates in which they receive their shipment of cars. My dealer provided me with that info.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
My guess is October for the CLA and god knows when for the AMG.
They haven't officially opened the order bank in spite of people saying they have placed orders, my dealership insists.
Other dealerships may be taking the order on specific cars but they are not being directed yet to Mercedes.
Once production starts in Germany, I was told dealers have a window to place exact orders for their customers.
Otherwise, open production slots will be ordered by dealers and the first few runs will almost certainly be fully loaded cars
selling in the $40-42k range. Since production and shipping time is 90-120 days and it is already July, October may be the earliest.
Remember Germany auto manufacturing takes the month of July off. So no cars get made...

·
Registered
199 Posts
They haven't officially opened the order bank in spite of people saying they have placed orders, my dealership insists.
Other dealerships may be taking the order on specific cars but they are not being directed yet to Mercedes.
I will chose to not believe this and insist that your dealership is incorrect.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
From what I know Cla 250s are supposed to arrive September-October and the CLA 45 Amgs are supposed to arrive November-December.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a purchase order and was able to provide it to Mercedes Benz Financial to extend the lease on my 2010 C Class by 2 months. Upon arrival of my new CLA I will return current vehicle.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I contacted one of the two M-B dealers in Maine using its online form to ask when they would have CLA250s available for test drives, and this is what I got in response:

Thank you for inquiring about the new CLA250 Sedan. We expect our first CLA’s to arrive in September which is when the retail release of the car will take place. We will have a few to start off with and have some that will quickly follow for you to come and test drive.

Which goes along with what others have heard.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is incorrect. My US dealer has received firm build dates for their CLA 250s and my CLA 45. My CLA 45 is being built in late August and the dealer gave me a screenshot from the Mercedes order system to prove it. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
+1 on this. My dealer also showed my mid August build date for my Edition One.

This is incorrect. My US dealer has received firm build dates for their CLA 250s and my CLA 45. My CLA 45 is being built in late August and the dealer gave me a screenshot from the Mercedes order system to prove it. :)

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
I spoke to a dealer today. The salesman I spoke with said they were expecting them to arrive in September. Maybe he was buying himself a couple of weeks. He knows I'm interested in a 45. I told him that I really wanted to sit in the car before placing an order. For what it's worth, he also told me that I should expect a 3-4 mos wait on an AMG model from the time I place an order...which is fine by me if I decide to place an order. :)

-Eric

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
POG and AlexG -- I don't believe that what the dealer told me contradicts what you know about your build dates. Cars built in August in Europe are going to show up in US dealerships two to four weeks later, which is to say in September in your cases. After the initial cars built to order are completed, M-B will make and ship other CLA250s to the dealers to use for showroom/demo.

·
Registered
53 Posts
As far as I know, the production for North American are not yet started. But they can put the order details into the MB system now for processing.
The first batch arrival should be in late September but how many are there is another question.

Edition 1 (Mountain Grey) only are expected to arrive in October.

Note though those who ordered with the sunroof will be looking at Oct/Nov schedule date for the FIRST batch.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Eric, I have ordered several MB & BMW from factory before. If you start from a clean slate - 90-120 days to arrive at Long Beach ( I am from California.) Perhaps a bit sooner if you are from the east coast.
Sometimes you can get ordered cars faster if that car is already in the pipeline and your dealer gets in the window when one can still change the options to your specifications.
The dealers may have some cars in by September, but they are certainly not cars that you order now. There is simply not enough time. You, may, however, find a car equipped close to what you want.
AMG is a whole different story. Mercedes Benz is going to make 10000 CLA45 AMG for the world market in 2014 ( according to press release ) and most are coming to the United States. I am guessing
7 out of 10. So there are 7000 CLA45 destined for US. That's less than 600 a month. Total US Mercedes dealership numbers somewhere around 300-350. So, on average, 2 CLA45 per dealership per month.
"AMG Centers" may get more cars, so smaller dealership may end up getting just 1 a month. I am calling my sales rep weekly to make sure they don't leapfrog my spot (#2) for special "friends of the general manager" but that will happen for hot cars like my M3 when it was first introduced and the C63 in 2008. I bought two cars from my MB dealership this past 5 years and have my cars serviced there. But that just makes me one of many, many...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I read that the North American model AMGs will be arriving in November. However, I'm in no rush in getting my AMG until the 2nd year after Mercedes works out any potential issues with the first model years. Hopefully, none will service.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts