Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I signed up for the $500 discount at the NY Auto Show. I gave the rep my name and email address.

Now I get an email from my local Mercedes dealership making no mention of the discount. No confirmation number. No official letter. Nada. She just wants me to come down to talk to her about current promotions (aka, she wants to sell me a car now).

When I mentioned about the Auto Show she said if I come in "they will decide to honor it". WTF? That's not exactly what I was expecting. Where's my confirmation number? Where's my official letter? It sounds like she's giving me the typical salesperson BS rhetoric.

Has anyone else's experience been the same or different regarding the $500 discount?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hi JoeyO,

I went to NY auto show and I did received an email with the $500 discount coupon. It was a email from Mercedes that says thanks for visiting the show etc.... and the closing benz dealership to you is... and at the bottom of the page there is a box that say "get $500 off download". That will link you to another page with the coupon. Coupon have my name, confirmation number and event code. Hope that help...

Of course after that emailed. I did received a lot more emails from benz salesperson. I just ignore them.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I would make no mention of the coupon, work whatever deal you can and when your at the final number whip out the coupon. If they give you chit walk...they wont let u leave for 500...

·
Registered
730 Posts
As aforementioned, try to get your best pre-TTL deal through negotiating & discounting. Then, present the $500-off voucher.

With that said, the $500-off voucher isn't applicable w/ other official MB factory/dealer discounts & specials. These can include finance/lease specials, factory-to-dealer incentives, manufacturer-to-dealer cash, customer rebates, etc. Likewise for the $500-off voucher by MBCA.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I know all the tricks to negotiating. You don't show them all your cards on the table at first. Otherwise they'll bump up their initial price by $500, knowing that it's later coming down by the same amount.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you didn't attend an auto show, call your dealer to see if they are having a launch party in the late summer/early fall. My salesman told me that I could get at least a $500 off coupon at that event. They will have Mercedes reps from cooperate there, wine, appetizers, and music. Looking forward to it!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts