Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a CEL on Monday, brought the car in today. They said it was the O2 Sensor Circuit. How is that different than the O2? Same? I guessed it might
be O2 related as the car was running fine. The dealer wants the car tomorrow as they are "short on loaners." Marin has never said this to me.
This is Fairfield, California, completely different. They had an earlier appointment, which is why I brought it in. Looks like I'll be late to work.
Car has 40,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Might be a failing O2 sensor ... giving odd data so it got flagged
If it indeed is a dying sensor the mpg will usually suffer ... among other things
Wonder which sensor is going? Do post what they find

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might be a failing O2 sensor ... giving odd data so it got flagged
If it indeed is a dying sensor the mpg will usually suffer ... among other things
Wonder which sensor is going? Do post what they find
I'm hoping my mileage will improve as it had dropped over the last year. Here is what the dealer says:
Fault P014100 Oxygen Sensor 2 Heater has a malfunction. LI54.18-P-057927 applies. Performed hard reset of connector
F and M of N3/10 as per LI instructions.

There was also this. I'm not sure what it all means, besides some kind of software update:
RECALL: Perform Campaign- Refer to VMI added operation
Perform 2018110008 Update Control Unit Software
Hooked up SDS and Battery Charger, Performed SRS Control Unit Software Update
as per campaign instructions.

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
I'm hoping my mileage will improve as it had dropped over the last year. Here is what the dealer says:
Fault P014100 Oxygen Sensor 2 Heater has a malfunction. LI54.18-P-057927 applies. Performed hard reset of connector
F and M of N3/10 as per LI instructions.

There was also this. I'm not sure what it all means, besides some kind of software update:
RECALL: Perform Campaign- Refer to VMI added operation
Perform 2018110008 Update Control Unit Software
Hooked up SDS and Battery Charger, Performed SRS Control Unit Software Update
as per campaign instructions.
Guess they took the cheap way out first ... mess with the contacts to improve signals ... do keep an eye on your mpg if it aint getting better that sensor is most probably dying
The SRS update is news ... we both have 2014s and no notice about that here (yet)

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
FYI ... the 2018110008 service campaign info:

"software installed on the SRS control unit might not meet current production specifications, which may prevent the recording of speed data for crashes of less than 300 ms in duration"

wow this one is really new ... 4/18/19 ... so maybe your O2 sensor going wonkie on you may have been a blessing ... :cool:

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guess they took the cheap way out first ... mess with the contacts to improve signals ... do keep an eye on your mpg if it aint getting better that sensor is most probably dying
The SRS update is news ... we both have 2014s and no notice about that here (yet)
Seems marginally better so far. Should I call and ask about it? Why didn't they change it, specifically?

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI ... the 2018110008 service campaign info:

"software installed on the SRS control unit might not meet current production specifications, which may prevent the recording of speed data for crashes of less than 300 ms in duration"

wow this one is really new ... 4/18/19 ... so maybe your O2 sensor going wonkie on you may have been a blessing ... :cool:
It seems so!

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Seems marginally better so far. Should I call and ask about it? Why didn't they change it, specifically?
It will take a little time for the computer to learn again with the revised signals so hopefully your mpg will keep improving ... if not the sensor is going or gone
Since they fixed the connection if it still gives errors they should replace it ... figured they would have instead of monkeying with the connector since they were touching it anyway
Would not hurt to ask for their side of the story?

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will take a little time for the computer to learn again with the revised signals so hopefully your mpg will keep improving ... if not the sensor is going or gone
Since they fixed the connection if it still gives errors they should replace it ... figured they would have instead of monkeying with the connector since they were touching it anyway
Would not hurt to ask for their side of the story?
I bet if I went to Marin, they would have replaced it. Fairfield had an earlier appointment available. Thanks for the insight.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I asked the SA at the dealership. He says there is a service bulletin and followed MB instructions. Hmm.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmmmmm is right ... still think they should have replaced the darn thing ... else what are warranties for
I agree. I hope it fails before my warranty is up next year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts