Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 CLA 250 4matic
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The plastic boot section of my air intake hose (edit- I accidentally wrote manifold), has a hole in it, the heat from the engine seemed to make the plastic brittle over time and cracked it, leading to a decent size hole. Upon noticing I tossed duct tape over it and ordered a new replacement part, which I have in possession.
The part looks like an easy install, snap off and snap on.
Curious if anyone else has replaced theirs and had an issues or anything before I do the install tommorrow? I searched the sub and only can find posts about aftermarket upgrades.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have same issue, I made mistake to order the part from China. I am working on replacing it and my thermostat water pump oil filter housing and oil separator. I am looking forward to some instructions pictures from you.

·
Registered
2015 CLA 250 4matic
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully we are on the same page. I noticed I had a typo and wrote manifold in my post. But meant the air intake hose. I fixed it since. I will update with more info for you.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
....has a hole in it, the heat from the engine seemed to make the plastic brittle...
__
Did you happen to take a picture that you can upload?
I'm thinking that this is a widespread defect, which can cause harm and therefore should be officially reported.

Reactions: tritron

·
Registered
2015 CLA 250 4matic
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I didn’t. I actually thought this thread got auto-deleted by the bot-mod so I let it go. I still have the original part that I changed out in a box at home, I can take a pic to show you guys the damage. This was no tiny hole, it was about 1.5 inches x 4 inches. I’m also kind of shocked it didn’t cause any engine issues, because where the hole is located, it would cause hot air to get sucked in and recycled right back off the engine.

Once I got it off the vehicle, I actually found the hose was also damaged. The cloth material for the actual hose was tearing at the grooves. This thing was all messed up.

if anyone else has issues and doesn’t want to get burned by the stealership, I would recommend you replace it yourself. The part was around $70 shipped and was a really simple snap off/snap on process. The boot closest to the radiator was a bit tight getting back on, but no more than a few minutes to complete.

·
Registered
2015 CLA 250 4matic
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, I didn’t take a pic, but this topic can be referenced. My air intake looked exactly the same as in the pics from this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts