Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been shipped and is ready for pickup next Friday , stay tuned for some exclusive pics of my CLA250

specs:

Night black
Mb black
Pano
Xenons
P1

Please upload your pics to this thread.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My dealer called and told me mine would be available on the 20th too! Figures though that I'm going to be out of town on that weekend. I'm scheduled to go in on the 23rd and pick it up. I'm so stoked it's ridiculous!

Diber: Please post again once you've picked it up and let us know what the final buying experience was like. Any surprises etc? I'll do the same.

·
Registered
260 Posts
My dealer called and told me mine would be available on the 20th too! Figures though that I'm going to be out of town on that weekend. I'm scheduled to go in on the 23rd and pick it up. I'm so stoked it's ridiculous!

Diber: Please post again once you've picked it up and let us know what the final buying experience was like. Any surprises etc? I'll do the same.
Where are you located? My dealer told me yesterday that mine won't be at the dealership before 24/25th as it will be released from VPC at 20th....

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
495 Posts
Where are you located? My dealer told me yesterday that mine won't be at the dealership before 24/25th as it will be released from VPC at 20th....

I guess this may be due to the involvement of the actual dealership with the VPC. If the release date is 20 Sep, I would believe it would make more sense to have all the cars there prior to the release date. This would allow vehicle sales on 20 Sep. I believe we all have waiterd long enough.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I guess this may be due to the involvement of the actual dealership with the VPC. If the release date is 20 Sep, I would believe it would make more sense to have all the cars there prior to the release date. This would allow vehicle sales on 20 Sep. I believe we all have waiterd long enough.
That's exactly my thought, but I was confirmed (more than once) that VPCs will be releasing the vehicles on 20th.
With this said, it seems to be the case of preordered/sold vehicles (our case) and not floor demo units. So while we might be able to see and test drive the vehicles in dealerships on 20th, the actual delivery will happen few (hopefully only few) days after.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My dealer told me a few days ago the same thing, the car will be available for pickup on september 20. I live in Puerto Rico.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Alex: I'm in Tennessee. Dealership's in Nashville. My car's been at port in Brunswick, Georgia since September 4th.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Alex: I'm in Tennessee. Dealership's in Nashville. My car's been at port in Brunswick, Georgia since September 4th.
I am in Washington. Dealership in Bellevue, WA. My car been at port in LA, CA since Sep. 4th -- pretty much the same as yours. But in my case dealer says MB VPC will not be releasing the car before Sep. 20.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just tried to confirm this with the dealership where I ordered, and just like everything else they are clueless! He said "they should be in around the 20th or so, I'll let you know", whatever that means. Basically I'll have to call back next week because they are terrible at returning emails or calls. Ugh...

·
Registered
546 Posts
I am lead to believe that when the car arrives at the dealer, the service and detail guys need to do their thing and it could add several day to get the car ready for pick up.

·
Registered
260 Posts

This was posted on MBusa Facebook about 10 min ago
Just checked again with my dealership -- they maybe have a demo car (not sure also), but seems like actual customer cars will be arriving later...

·
Registered
10 Posts
My dealer told me their dealership (Laguna niguel) is releasing theirs on the 23rd. My car apparently arrives on the 20th but my dealer said after customs it will won't be "cleared" until a few days after.

I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of cars on the way and everyone's arrival is different. MB USA is stating the 20th but it doesn't mean YOUR car will be here or even available to take by the 20th.

We're all close though guys!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm to the point now where I don't even care about the release date anymore because of the lack of transparency within the information we are all being provided. I'm pretty sure every person that saw the facebook post by MB endeavored to call their dealer to determine the validity of the post.

From that, almost every person that posted a reply with regards to that, states that their dealer told them otherwise than that of which was listed in the facebook post. Where is the transparency, synchronization, and level of communication with MB USA and these dealerships?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Those are demo cars used for training. They are Tagged. We are all getting training on them and those are the demo cars they are using. Those are not lot cars.

Update, I just checked Netstar. Once a car is loaded onto a truck it move to inventory statues. THERE ARE NO CARS LISTED IN INVENTORY IN THE USA. Which means that there are no cars being shipped at the time 8/13/2013 4:08 pm CST

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, don't know how dealers are going to have cars on the 20th or why they are saying that? Working on the inside at a VPC the cars are not even going the leave the VPC's until Spet 20th. Also they are not going to get the cars all out in one day....as we have over 2,000 CLA's as of now and more coming! I would say do to process and travel time it will be a week or two before most dealers will have these cars after the Spet 20th date.

Also as Midnight said, any cars you see at dealers or on the roads are Demo or Training class cars!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts