Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I've been doing some research on oil catch cans and direct injection engines like the 2.0L turbo in my 2017 Cla 250. Not many have installed an oil catch can on the cla and I wanted to know your thoughts on this. Of course, the main reason is to prevent carbon buildup on the intake valves and such but do these engines need one? If so, how would you route it. Please keep in mind my car is still under warranty and i'm only trying to prevent and maintain it to the best of my ability. I love this car and want to keep it a long time

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Not being that savvy about these things, I've never heard of it. I too have a warranty, for another year. Regardless, I'd like to keep my car in great shape as well, of course.
Here's a stupid question. Can an additive of some sort do the same kind of thing? How easy is it to drain the stuff out when needed?

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I watched the above video already. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,962 Posts
Of course my wandering or wondering or whatever mind asks ... since any oil fumes etc in a standard system (no c/c) would get dumped into the intake and then burned with the intake charge that “volume” over time has to come from somewhere (the original oil level in a somewhat closed system).
So if there is so much of it caught by the c/c then the oil level drained out of a system with c/c at oil change time would be that much less ... those poor cars depicted with so much stuff drained into the c/c gosh thats quite a bit of oil to keep replenishing in between oil changes?! Man them piston rings must be lousy or something?
And such a viscosity change as well? Geee.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts