Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. What oil do you guys use for oul change? And how many mileage do you guys change it too? 3,000-10,000??

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Mobil 1 0W-40 Euro
5~10k or 1yr depending on mileage or time
Do read your maintenance booklet ... dont count on hearsay

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I use Mobil 1 0W-40 European Formula and change both oil amd oil filter every 5K via oil extractor.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mobil 1 0W-40, mercedes oil filter from amazon. Drive mine up on Pet Boys Plastic Ramps.
Easiest oil change ever. Every 5k or 1 year window.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I just did mine with the oil extractor and I am a believer now. So easy. 0W 40 Mobil 1 European. I put in 5.5 qts and it is dead in the middle of the hash marks. I did remove my filter after the initial extraction then I was able to get a good amount back out after the filter drained back to the sump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Yup I'm sure glad Mercedes made oil changes easy.. at least. Oil filter for toyota/lexus is under the engine, you need a ramp for.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Yup I'm sure glad Mercedes made oil changes easy.. at least. Oil filter for toyota/lexus is under the engine, you need a ramp for.
Yeah so now we can wear white and be clean grease monkeys

·
Registered
10 Posts
Correct.

Mine was stuck in there pretty good the first time. Just keep pulling on it and twisting it will finally loosen off the stem.
On draining I'm old school and like to let the oil drain completely for about 15 minutes besides it gives me a chance to look underneath.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Oh thank oem german goodness! Thought the factory put it in backwards to mess with me

Speaking of drain back ... during oil extraction i have all the ports (dipstick/cap/filter) “open” (but covered with nonshed cloths) to avoid any vacuum and cavitation ... and after its done there is no oil in the filter chamber
So yours holds some oil still during extraction and wont release it until removed?

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
Mine was stuck in there pretty good the first time. Just keep pulling on it and twisting it will finally loosen off the stem.
On draining I'm old school and like to let the oil drain completely for about 15 minutes besides it gives me a chance to look underneath.
My version of old school back in the day of needing to remove the drain plug was tilting the motor slightly and letting it drip overnight ... surprising how those little drips accumulate into significant volume
For these new less internally scrapey cars, i figure 5k extracts with long drain at 25k marks

·
Registered
542 Posts
Oh thank oem german goodness! Thought the factory put it in backwards to mess with me

Speaking of drain back ... during oil extraction i have all the ports (dipstick/cap/filter) “open” (but covered with nonshed cloths) to avoid any vacuum and cavitation ... and after its done there is no oil in the filter chamber
So yours holds some oil still during extraction and wont release it until removed?
I didn’t have the filter off or the oil cap off. So that would be why the drain back after the oil filter was removed.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
I didn’t have the filter off or the oil cap off. So that would be why the drain back after the oil filter was removed.
O I C
Love the way they designed the filter port facing up and accessible ... what a concept huh?
And good show it seems the antidrain back setup is working

1 - 18 of 18 Posts