Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be a dumb question But How many miles should i get to before getting a oil change on a CLA....? Every??

·
Registered
73 Posts
10000 Miles or 1 year whichever comes first.

·
Registered
479 Posts
That always concerns me. Oil that was there during the break-in period is there at 10,000 miles? Yikes! I always have done synthetic every 5K with filter... but those were MBs.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I always do an initial oil change on a new car early, typically around 2K, and then follow the factory recommended 10K (sometimes I do it a bit early, depending on my schedule).
Dealer says the early initial oil change is not necessary, but makes me feel better , and may get rid of some metal wear-in residue. The initial oil change does not hurt in any case.

Usually use M1 0w40, Last oil change I tried the Belgian manufacture Castrol 0w40 (one of the few remaining non-exotic oils that are still mostly PAO based) .
The M1 is now GTL based. Based on specs, the Castrol is a bit thicker, similar to the old PAO M1 formulation. The Castrol still has the BMW spec approvals, the M1 no longer
has that...although both are MB approved for the Cla250.

Either of those work fine for me, the car has now 100k+ miles and still runs fine, and does not burn oil.

·
Registered
11,133 Posts
wow ... 100k? geee you left lots of tread marks all over the place then :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts