Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I have a 2014 CLA250 with 160k miles. Oil has been getting into the coolant. Originally, I thought it was transmission fluid from the transmission cooler. So I replaced the transmission cooler. Flushed the coolant out with dawn dish soap to remove the oil. Flushed plenty more times to remove the soap. And put fresh coolant.
After about 1500 miles, there’s a lot of oil in the coolant again. More than I feel would be explained by residual oil collecting in the degas bottle.

My next theory on the source of this oil is a crack or something in the turbo where oil is pressuring into the coolant.

I assume I can test this by removing the coolant lines from the turbo, blocking the oil drain line, and pressuring up the oil inlet with an air compressor, then seeing what comes out of the coolant lines.
Car runs normally, there are no external leaks.

I would like to hear if anyone else has had this problem and what the solution was.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12,614 Posts
yeah my first guess is also a fizzure in the head gasket ...

check the oil condition though

·
Registered
68 Posts
Regardless, don’t allow this to go on and do not drive it unless you must to a place to repair it.

·
Registered
2020 CLA250, White
86 Posts
I agree with the head gasket diagnosis too. Best to take it to a dealer or good shop and have them check for that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts