Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i took the plunge got the mountain grey with premium pack multimedia pack Recarro seats Night styling and the AMG performance Pack

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea the wheels are part of the performance pack so got the black 19's and no i didn't get the exhaust but i might add it my drop dead change date is Dec 15th so I've got a while yet, think i might go change and add leather but we'll see!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Dustindep, even though it sucks that our build date is delayed until January 2014 for the Night Package, it will give us the benefit of seeing a couple CLA45's in the flesh in November while our orders can still be modified. There might be something that we see on another car that is a must-have and we'll have a chance to add to our orders. Gotta find some benefit from enduring the delay!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Dustindep, even though it sucks that our build date is delayed until January 2014 for the Night Package, it will give us the benefit of seeing a couple CLA45's in the flesh in November while our orders can still be modified. There might be something that we see on another car that is a must-have and we'll have a chance to add to our orders. Gotta find some benefit from enduring the delay!
Exactly David. I can't wait to see it in person and then have a better gauge on what to order and what not to. That's the benefit of ordering in January. Other than that ,it sucks not to be in it sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
294 Posts
Milazzo, do you have a firm order placed with your dealership? My order is in the system NOW to secure my build spot in January. I've specified my best guess for the options that I want and until I get close to the build date, I can chance my order. If you wait until January to place your order then you will be behind all the orders that have been building up in the queue. I would hate to guess how long the delay would be in January because of backed up orders already in the queue. Best to get your order in the queue ASAP and fine tune your options as we learn more over the next couple months. The CLA45 order queue is built slower than a base CLA250 build because of the limited production nature of the hand built engine.

·
Registered
534 Posts
3 CLA's arrived this morning at Mercedes Fairfield Ct.
Red, Black, Silver.
Still not prepped so I couldn't test drive.
Each was priced around $39 k - MSRP with options.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Milazzo, do you have a firm order placed with your dealership? My order is in the system NOW to secure my build spot in January. I've specified my best guess for the options that I want and until I get close to the build date, I can chance my order. If you wait until January to place your order then you will be behind all the orders that have been building up in the queue. I would hate to guess how long the delay would be in January because of backed up orders already in the queue. Best to get your order in the queue ASAP and fine tune your options as we learn more over the next couple months. The CLA45 order queue is built slower than a base CLA250 build because of the limited production nature of the hand built engine.
David thanks for the tip. I will heed your advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sounds good, Milazzo. It's all about reserving your spot in the queue ASAP!

I've got my order pretty well loaded up with most of the packages and features but the AMG Performance Exhaust is one of the options that I am hoping to hear on a car in person before I make the final decision to go with the standard AMG exhaust or go with the optional AMG Performance exhaust. I want a sporty exhaust note but not super loud and nasty. For now, my order specifies the standard AMG exhaust.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
David, Dustin's car is a UK vehicle. G-man from Moscow already posted dozens of pics and the white car with black rims and Night Styling + black lip spoiler is definitely nice.
I am dying to see Dustin's Mountain Grey 45 though as I am basing my impression on the E-1s.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I sat in a Silver 250 during the grand opening of the new MB Dealership in Seattle. Pretty gorgeous. It was priced at 40k. Had the panarama roof. Back seat wasn't as bad as people are saying. I'm 6' tall and I was comfortable. Trunk was large. Driver seat was awesome. I have the 45 on order for a Jan delivery still. I'll post pics soon.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Outsider, I missed the G-man photos. Are they in the Picture Gallery or in a forum message thread somewhere? Always enjoy drooling on a new set of photos of live production cars!

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Outsider, I missed the G-man photos. Are they in the Picture Gallery or in a forum message thread somewhere? Always enjoy drooling on a new set of photos of live production cars!
That sh*t cray! CLA 45. Teaser.
Posted by Gleyberman 9/3/13.
He just picked up his 45 and posted a series of very informative pictures.
Sorry, didn't link. But under CLA45 forum. Most pics are on Page 4.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sounds good, Milazzo. It's all about reserving your spot in the queue ASAP!

I've got my order pretty well loaded up with most of the packages and features but the AMG Performance Exhaust is one of the options that I am hoping to hear on a car in person before I make the final decision to go with the standard AMG exhaust or go with the optional AMG Performance exhaust. I want a sporty exhaust note but not super loud and nasty. For now, my order specifies the standard AMG exhaust.
I reccommend you going with the AMG performance exhaust.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ordered CLA45 in Hungary for my wife. Expected delivery is in december.
Ordered some extras :)
650 White Color
811 Something to do with leather
H73 Interior Carbon
P39 AMG Exclusive Pack
P49 Mirror Pack
P60 AMG Night Pack (free because of P97)
P97 AMG Edition 1 Pack
U18
U21 AMG sport exhaust
U62 Light Pack
U70 Red calipers (part of P97)
218 Rear camera
235 Active Parking assist
242 Electrical seat for passenger
275 Electrical seat for driver
281 AMG Perfomance steering wheel (Part of P97)
413 Panorama Roof
527 Comand Online Navigation
555 AMG Perfomance Seats (Part of P97)
581 THERMOTRONIC
622 Inteligent light system
694 19 matt wheels (part of P97)
810 Harman kardon system (worth it?)
And some other minor things...
Got a good discount for this car so I'm happy.
Is Harman Kardon worth the money?

·
Registered
294 Posts
VERY nicely equipped, SinaFox! For the Harmon Kardon sound system, your ear and your wallet should get the only votes that counts. I suggest that you go to your MB dealer and do a sound test for yourself. Test the sound system in similar MB cars, one with H-K sound and the other without, for example C class cars. Then you decide if its worth your investment.

The 811 option is Black "Red-Cut" Leather seats. NICE!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nope mine is a US Spec being delivered in Germany and driving it home to the UK

·
Registered
312 Posts
VERY nicely equipped, SinaFox! For the Harmon Kardon sound system, your ear and your wallet should get the only votes that counts. I suggest that you go to your MB dealer and do a sound test for yourself. Test the sound system in similar MB cars, one with H-K sound and the other without, for example C class cars. Then you decide if its worth your investment.

The 811 option is Black "Red-Cut" Leather seats. NICE!
Good advice! I did this very thing last night. It is worth it? For me, yes. I speculate the main improvement has to do with the added amplification. There is just more presence, space and life to the sound. Dynamic range is probably what I'm trying to describe. The bass is also a little more defined but not day and night. Plus, in the U.S. you get heated seats with that option. In the end I included it on my order.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts