Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My husband ordered me the AMG Coupe in Feb. In GA. We have been trying to find out info on status of the car since we were told it takes 12wks to build. Manager will not call back. Salesperson is trying to figure out how to make excuses for Manager. They told us they have no VIN # yet. No one as of yet told me after I have asked the date the car was ordered. Also, they have no way of finding any information on the building status.

We are now being told we may have to purchase the 2019. My thoughts are, how do we now have to purchase a 2019 because they have allegedly stopped making the 2018, if our order was placed the first of Feb.

I contacted corporate in Atlanta. They were very kind, but not helpful.at all. The rep said the lot is privately owned and I needed to work it out with them. She did e-mail manager to call me. He did. Lied and said that he would call me back. Not!!! HOW CAN WE WORK IT OUT, when the manager won't call us back. The rep, was also confused as to why we didn't at least have a VIN # at this point.

Can anyone one share with me, what should be my next step?

Frustrated,

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
That's the standard line from MBUSA - we're sympathetic, but our hands are tied, since the dealers are "independent franchises."

What rubbish.

I guess they really believe in "The Best, Or Nothing At All."

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
I received a private message today from Ash3 sent today that described her continuing frustration with the dealership. My response:

1. Cancel your order. Don't reward this dealer for being unscrupulous. Besides, if what you say is true, you already know you can't trust anything this dealer says, so sticking with them is very likely to result in more broken promises and delays.

2. Do a search on mbusa.com of all US dealers' inventory. You might find a dealer somewhere in the country who has a similar car in stock - they'd no doubt be happy to deal on it, since it's last year's model. (They could work out an arrangement to ship it to Athens or some other nearby dealership.)

3. Write a concise one- or two-page letter to either the Regional Manager or the CEO (or both) at MB HQ to express your displeasure. While you may ultimately get more of the same ("we're really sorry, but they're independent franchises"), they will still take your letter seriously: MB has been struggling with declining customer satisfaction over the past few years, so they know this is a real problem. And not many people take the time and trouble to write these days, so they'll presume that your complaint represents many similar incidents and potentially lost business. They rely on repeat buyers - that was the whole idea of the CLA, to get younger buyers into the brand so they'd move up the line on their next car.

Speaking of lost business, you should emphasize that you're at the end of your patience and are seriously considering ditching the brand forever and buying a BMW or Audi. If anything will get their attention, that will. And they might even help you find the car you want.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I am still stunned every time I read one of these posts, has the brand become that much more arrogant that they believe they can forget about good old fashioned quality customer service? Let me tell you MB, the 'brand' may sell itself to some extent, but your ongoing derision of customers concerns will will come back to bite you. I love the brand (or I wouldn't be here obviously), however that does not guarantee my continued allegiance. What I am looking for in a prestige European vehicle can also be provided by two or even three other key players in the market. Each one of these 'incidents' lessens the appeal. This obfuscation around 'its a private franchisee issue' is frankly ludicrous, look at the lengths big corporate entities go to to make good the infractions of their franchisee's in other industries when they hit the media. Institutional theory tells us that 'decoupling' is a key factor in a corporate's response to infractions of their 'licence to operate' that we give them as a community, that is, they generally go into spin doctor mode and attempt to direct attention away from the issue by focusing on the 'good' things they do to offset the bad, blame somebody else, etc. I absolutely agree with @2katman2, a response direct to MB HQ is required in this instance, demanding a resolution to your satisfaction. You are the customer, you have money to spend on a product, they want that money, you are always right.

·
Registered
9,969 Posts
Yeah I also received a couple pm’s on this subject (in error I presume)
Of course another dealer is an option ... though sometimes a “better” associate climbing the ladder can do wonders

1 - 6 of 6 Posts