Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered these wheel caps to replace the oem mercedes blue emblem center caps for my 18" black AMG wheels.

White Light Product Toy Automotive lighting

·
Super Moderator
517 Posts
yes mate , hardest part was getting old ones out, had to take wheels off to push the centres out ,watched a few videos of people getting the centres out using gorilla tape, drilling holes ,but didn't want to ruin my genuine centres so off came wheels

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
if you buy one of those cheap plastic pick tools you should be able to get them out without any damage to the wheel or center cap. I had those but didn't like the look on my wheels and opted for just normal style caps but they are colored in red.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I just took delivery of a set today

Didn't like them thought they looked tacky. Also slightly oversized so I broke one anyways on attempted install.

In the bin they went.
Were they paired with the original AMG black spoke wheels?

Mercedes actually make the same raised red 75mm wheel center caps for the AMG wheels, and you can get them for $55 each cap, $220 for a set of 4. Hence it's not simply an aftermarket item that some company came up with, but rather this is actually an item made to fit the black AMG wheels.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is a pic of what it looks like on an oem black AMG wheel with the raised red wheel center cap.

Wheel Automotive tire Hubcap Tread Car

·
Registered
116 Posts
Were they paired with the original AMG black spoke wheels?

Mercedes actually make the same raised red 75mm wheel center caps for the AMG wheels, and you can get them for $55 each cap, $220 for a set of 4. Hence it's not simply an aftermarket item that some company came up with, but rather this is actually an item made to fit the black AMG wheels.
Yeah I know

I thought i liked them too until i fitted them today

Wheels were 18" 5 spoke gloss black with polished face AMG Line ones

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the Red raised AMG wheel caps installed today on my wheels, replaced the oem blue mercedes emblem ones. I have the red Gator rim guards on my gloss black 18" AMG wheels as well.

At first sight, looks interesting... can't say it is outstanding , but definitely a fresh new look. Anyways kept the oem ones, will replace if I start to get tired of it. =)

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Here are the oem center caps in red. Not overly done but enough to catch the eye of most folks. If you do buy these I would suggest clear coat them before you install to avoid fading.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BigJase88

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
good lord is it just me or do the gen1’s still look catchy?
This model will be one of those timeless classics. It has set the stage for the current design of Mercedes and that makes me feel all warm and tingly every time I see the car from a distance.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Reactions: jmc and mav238

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yeah the new CLA i really do not like the rear plastic diffuser. Looks crap unless you have the CLA 35 and up

At least the old model has the gloss black diffuser.

I think the older one is prettier externally. The newer model obviously has a far nicer interior though

·
Registered
116 Posts
Have you ever taken the red wheel gators off?

I guess they are to protect the chrome lip on the wheels?

Possibly could have the opposite effect and cause moisture to build up increasing the rate of corrosion / could act as an abrasive and mark the wheels

Just a thought

1 - 19 of 19 Posts