Anybody hearing information about upcoming MB corporate or a dealership in the Pacific Northwest conducting any type of CLA preview or test drive event, please post details here. Thanks!
Yes, I was there to take a pictures and video The car is gorgeous! Can't wait to get mineCLA 250 NOW AVAILABLE FOR PREVIEW DEMO AT MERCEDES BENZ OF BELLEVUE (BARRIER MOTORS)!
I have just confirmed that MB of Bellevue, WA. has the Grey CLA250 shown in this video available for showroom floor demonstrations. Sorry no test drives. When I talked to the sales staff today, they told me that they have the car on short term loan from MB and they expect to have the car through Friday, August 16th. This is probably the same one that was recently spotted at a Portland, OR dealership.
Hi,AlexG, I'd be interested in hearing your perspective on the data points that I raised. This will give us 2 opinions of the same features on the same car. I'll add my opinions after my visit to the Bellevue dealer.
My primary inspection points will be:
Driver Seat Comfort
Driver Rear View Visibility
Rear Seat Leg Room
Rear Seat Head Room
Quality of Build
Quality of Materials
Just back from MB of Bellevue. They have the Grey CLA250 on the showroom floor exactly as shown in AlexG's video. Here's my take on the main features that I was investigating plus a couple more points.Hi,
I am pretty short (5'7") so I feel very good in driver seat and also from behind from both terms of headroom and legroom
Rear view visibility - not ideal for backing up, but I almost don't care about it as I have Edition 1 order which is equipped with backup camera.
Quality of build and materials was very good from my point of view. My friend drives 2012 BMW 3 series -- absolutely comparable.
1. I plan on skipping the panoramic roof. The panorama roof looks great but that 1 extra inch of headroom is going to be a godsend for full size adults in the back seat.Thanks David for a great report ! A few questions & points:
1. If you skip the panoramic roof, I think you should gain almost an inch of headroom in the back.
2. I asked Alex the same question. Is that large piece of aluminum trim below the 5.8" monitor real aluminum or aluminum -like plastic ?
3. If that's MB tex seats, they are good !
4. Are there large blind spots given the high windows.
5. If you think backup camera is a must, then I am screwed. The multi-media package requires Premium package so that back up cam option will cost $4570.