·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
896 Posts
sup man!!

yeah its on several threads here . . no one is quite sure yet . . p39 is the amg exclusive pack and p34 is the exclusive pack . . .

i got p39+ red cut in my car, but there is no pricing on my order sheet (i am in the process of gettign an updated one today)

some people here have said the red cut leather is showing up on their order as 2200 ..

so here is how i think the seat pricing is

$0 = mbtex sport
$1500 = leather sport (any color) + p34
$2200 = red cut leather sport + p39
$2250 = mb tex recaro
$3750 = leather recaro + p34
$4450 = red cut leather recaro + p39 (going by increase from sport seats)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sup man!!

yeah its on several threads here . . no one is quite sure yet . . p39 is the amg exclusive pack and p34 is the exclusive pack . . .

i got p39+ red cut in my car, but there is no pricing on my order sheet (i am in the process of gettign an updated one today)

some people here have said the red cut leather is showing up on their order as 2200 ..

$0 = mbtex sport
$2250 = mb tex recaro + p34
Humm those recaro seat are EXPENSIVE...
I just found this http://tools.mercedes-benz.co.uk/current/passenger-cars/pricelists/cla-class.pdf
The UK pricing for packages, it looks like p39 is actually cheaper than the p34.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Yeah, I was one of those people and I'm retracting my statement. I've had two dealers tell me that it's correct but I think everyone misread the print-out.

What's still unclear to me, however, is whether the pricing is actually aggregated as you described. I exchanged a few notes with one very helpful dealer and, at the end of the day, he didn't know for certain.
Page 45 of the dealer guide, however, calls out the P34 Exclusive Package as a Standalone Option for $1,500. Page 12 also calls out the price of the 801, 804 and 808 leather interiors as $1,500.
What's unclear is whether that $1,500 is actually intended to cover mandatory P34 ($1,500 in aggregate) or whether the cost to the consumer is actually $1,500 for 801, 804 or 808 leather plus $1,500 for P3 = $3,000.
If the prices of the leather interiors are inclusive of the Exclusive Package (P34 or P39, as applicable) then the pricing makes a lot more sense to me. If we have to add the cost of P34 and P39 to the car in addition to the cost of the leather then it's just absurd.

-Eric

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I was one of those people and I'm retracting my statement. I've had two dealers tell me that it's correct but I think everyone misread the print-out.

What's still unclear to me, however, is whether the pricing is actually aggregated as you described. I exchanged a few notes with one very helpful dealer and, at the end of the day, he didn't know for certain.
Page 45 of the dealer guide, however, calls out the P34 Exclusive Package as a Standalone Option for $1,500. Page 12 also calls out the price of the 801, 804 and 808 leather interiors as $1,500.
What's unclear is whether that $1,500 is actually intended to cover mandatory P34 ($1,500 in aggregate) or whether the cost to the consumer is actually $1,500 for 801, 804 or 808 leather plus $1,500 for P3 = $3,000.
If the prices of the leather interiors are inclusive of the Exclusive Package (P34 or P39, as applicable) then the pricing makes a lot more sense to me. If we have to add the cost of P34 and P39 to the car in addition to the cost of the leather then it's just absurd.

-Eric
I hope you are right.
But if the 801, 804 and 808 leather interior $1500 actually cover the intended P34, then you essentially get "free" leather, with the exclusive package? Seems a little strange...

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
No, it's not free leather. It would be leather and P34 (the latter of which isn't really THAT much kit) for $1,500. $3,000 for what's included in the leather and P34 package isn't worth $3,000. Even $2K would be stretching it quite a bit.

Also, you can't get P34 or P39 with the MB-Tex.

And, for what it's worth, the 45 has a base price of $48K. An S4 carries a base price that is a few hundred dollars cheaper, offers similar handling and comes with standard: (i) leather, (ii) RECAROS, (iii) sunroof, and (iv) a 3 zone climate control -- all of which add $7K+ in options the cost of a CLA45. And, although the C-Class plays in a market segment above the CLA, the more expensive C-Class' Pano roof option only costs $1,090!!! That means it's almost $400 cheaper on the C-Class than on the CLA! That one makes NO sense to me. I don't care if their costs are higher due to differences in design, etc. At least the C offers a standard sunroof if you don't opt for the Pano. I hate this conversation -- it makes me question the CLA's value every time I venture down this path. Someone help me out.

-Eric

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, it's not free leather. It would be leather and P34 (the latter of which isn't really THAT much kit) for $1,500. $3,000 for what's included in the leather and P34 package isn't worth $3,000. Even $2K would be stretching it quite a bit.

Also, you can't get P34 or P39 with the MB-Tex.

And, for what it's worth, the 45 has a base price of $48K. An S4 carries a base price that is a few hundred dollars cheaper, offers similar handling and comes with standard: (i) leather, (ii) RECAROS, (iii) sunroof, and (iv) a 3 zone climate control -- all of which add $7K+ in options the cost of a CLA45. And, although the C-Class plays in a market segment above the CLA, the more expensive C-Class' Pano roof option only costs $1,090!!! That means it's almost $400 cheaper on the C-Class than on the CLA! That one makes NO sense to me. I don't care if their costs are higher due to differences in design, etc. At least the C offers a standard sunroof if you don't opt for the Pano. I hate this conversation -- it makes me question the CLA's value every time I venture down this path. Someone help me out.

-Eric
I hate to say this, but you have a point!

·
Registered
896 Posts
i really hope the p34 + p39 arent IN ADDITION to the leather costs! wtf!

but the order guide says this:

811 – Black “Red Cut” Leather
Includes: Black MB-Tex Covered Dash and
Door Panels with Red Contrast Stitching &
Red Seat Belts

--

im assuming going leather gives u p34 or p39 free - - - it says

Leather Interiors 801, 804, 808 must have P34:
P34 – Exclusive Package (MB-Tex dash, etc)
 Includes: 880 – IR remote summer/open close on driver door
Leather Interiors 811 must have 396pkg:
P39 – Exclusive Package (MB-Tex dash, etc)
880 – IR remote summer/open close on driver door
Y05 – Red Seat Belts

----

in the euro price guide, p39 is actually cheaper than p34! how do u like them apples

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
It's just my opinion and now I'm feeling cranky about the CLA but the Exclusive Package (P34) is MB-Tex where it should be in the first place and remote window open and close which should be standard anyway.

HA! Check this out...

http://virgeweb.com/rage2/MB-CLA/2014-MB-CLA-2.pdf

I just found this on the interweb -- now, I know it's not for the US so it's basically meaningless, BUT it looks like this price sheet groups leather as part of the Exclusive Package. I really hope the US uses the same approach to its packaging and costs.

-Eric

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
i really hope the p34 + p39 arent IN ADDITION to the leather costs! wtf!

but the order guide says this:

811 – Black “Red Cut” Leather
Includes: Black MB-Tex Covered Dash and
Door Panels with Red Contrast Stitching &
Red Seat Belts

--

im assuming going leather gives u p34 or p39 free - - - it says

 Includes: 880 – IR remote summer/open close on driver door
Y05 – Red Seat Belts

----

in the euro price guide, p39 is actually cheaper than p34! how do u like them apples
Yes, but it also says...

MB Order Guide v1.1 said:
All Leather Interiors must have P1
-->Includes: 880 – IR remote summer/open close on driver door
Y05 – Red Seat Belts
It just says "must have" P34 instead of "including" which they use for 880 with respect to P34. And, then why would they separately price the Exclusive Package (P34) if you can only purchase it with 801, 804 and 808. AND, why isn't there any reference to P39 in the Order Guide other than to say it's a part of 396? AND, where were you on the night of....oh, nevermind.

When the hell can I see one in person already? lol

-Eric

·
Registered
178 Posts
sup man!!

$0 = mbtex sport
$2250 = mb tex recaro + p34
Red cut leather recaro seats should be around $3750

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

·
Registered
896 Posts
if red cut leather is more than regular leather on the sport seats, i expect the same to happen for recaro, pushing them above the 3750 regular leather cost

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if red cut leather is more than regular leather on the sport seats, i expect the same to happen for recaro, pushing them above the 3750 regular leather cost
I still don't know what are the differences between p39 and p34. And going by C45, p39 seem to be $700 more than p34 ($2200 for red cut + P39 vs. $1500 for leather + P34). Unless they are charging more for the red cut leather (totally possible, since I know that Porsche does it)...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts