Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Package: Red belts + seat stitches?

13K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  Sue Esponte 
#1 ·
hey guys, do you have any idea of when the package with red belts & seat stitches will be available in US :us:?
I asked my dealership and he said we don't have this option in US so far.

#5 ·
In the UK, they're standard on the 45 but a no cost option to have removed in favour of black ones. If you get an AMG Sport model, they are a £300 option and despite hating them a few weeks back, now think they look different and go well with the red stitching that comes either standard with both the artico/microfibre upholstery and leather upgrade.

#7 ·
Don't know of this on the CLA...in the USA. But, this option is on the C250-C300 Sport (Sport Package) with red belts & interior stitches. Maybe this is what you saw?

#9 · (Edited)
I ordered the "811" Black Red-Cut Leather seats with Red Seat Belts on my CLA45. This was based upon seeing the similar treatment in the current C class with Sport Package. Looked very distinctive and sporty to me. I'm going with Patagonia Red exterior color so I'm hoping for a coordinated look on the interior with the black seats and red stitching and belts.

The CLA Class Catalog shows photos of the CLA250 with the AMG Sport Package with the optional Black Red-Cut Leather seats but it does not seem to include the red seat belts. Since these old catalogs and order guides are known to have several problems, typos and cross breeding of European and North America photos, it's hard to know for certain what can and cannot be ordered. I believe that a visit to your dealer and have them enter a test order into the MB online ordering system would be your best bet to determine the correct facts and any manufacturing delays.

#13 · (Edited)
wow nice ty for the update . . hmmm

i have no leather in my cla45 order as of now . . . debating on black, black red cut, or just mbtex...

now everyone tell me ur thoughts

im at 54.4k after destination as of now..

leather puts me at 56k

red cut puts me at 56.7k

... is it bad im conserdering staying w mbtex ?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

#16 ·
I am getting the basic interior. The "Artico/Dinamica" look so hideous in photo I hope it will surprise me when it actually arrives. It does come with the "red cut" finish...:)
In so doing, I manage to keep the price down at the 52-53k range . I agree with Eric it just feels wrong to get cheap seats for a $50k+ car but I have to keep telling myself it's the car, not the seats - it's the car, not the seats - it's the car, not the seats...

#17 ·
In so doing, I manage to keep the price down at the 52-53k range . I agree with Eric it just feels wrong to get cheap seats for a $50k+ car but I have to keep telling myself it's the car, not the seats - it's the car, not the seats - it's the car, not the seats...
That's precisely why I've decided to abandon the Recaros. The car I've spec'd is basically $56k...less whatever USAA is providing as a fleet discount but before taxes. If I get any closer to $60k I think I will be crossing a threshold into insanity...price-wise for this car...for me, at least.

-Eric

#14 ·
C45, I have seen the Ash Grey sport seats in MB Tex in a CLA250. The grain of the surface very closely simulates a coarse grain leather. The surface of the material felt slightly firmer than real leather. Overall, the seats looked very nice. It didn't give the appearance of a "cheap" seat.

#15 ·
In a 250 I'd seriously consider the MB-Tex. It may be silly but based on price alone, when it comes to the AMG, I expect leather in a $50-60k car. I also wouldn't be concerned about the quality of the material feeling or looking cheap. I've seen "pleather" interiors in some newer luxury brand cars and they're almost indistinguishable from the real stuff. To me, what really sets the leather interior apart from the MB-Tex is that they include the P34 or P39 packages that add the MB-Tex to the dash, doors and other parts of the car to give it the appearance of a "full leather" interior.

-Eric

#18 · (Edited)
outsider i agree...i really want leather, and DO expect it to be FREE in a 50k + car, but i think i may just opt for the mbtex to keep the price down... if everyones getting leather , my "cheap" little amg may sell a little quicker (but for $1500 less than everyone elses) wen it comes time to resell :)

as sue said, the other things like dash and door panels are really nice additions if u get leather and i wish they were standard..i would have 0 prob getting mbtex then...

if anything i will add black leather but still not sure ... probably have two months to decide...

if looking at the cost per month, its probably only 10-20$ lol...but thats not my point!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mercedes CLA Forum mobile app

#20 ·
outsider i agree...i really want leather, and DO expect it to be FREE in a 50k + car, but i think i may just opt for the mbtex to keep the price down... if everyones getting leather , my "cheap" little amg may sell a little quicker (but for $1500 less than everyone elses) wen it comes time to resell :)
Any price advantage you get when you buy it new will be entirely eroded on resale. Unfortunately, with the exception of highly sought after very rare options on collectible cars, options don't generally influence used car prices much. That means when there are 10 used CLA45s on eBay, yours will likely be the only one without leather and, assuming similar condition and mileage, everyone will be asking the same price (more or less). The decision to buy or not (for the used car buyer) is more likely influenced on mileage, maintenance/overall condition and color preferences. "Leather" will be perceived as a freebie on the used car market. Your car will become the "if I can basically get the same car for the same price but with leather why would I get it without it" car.

Unless the "other" car is purple...in which case that seller is probably worse off. lol

My thought is: always buy what you want; not what the used car market wants...but try not to kid yourself about what the used market prefers. For example, in the case of the CLA, they will also likely prefer, white, grey and silver cars over my (potentially) red one.

-Eric

#21 · (Edited)
yes, i definitely thought that process thru b4...and you are 100% right - if the market is flooded with used ones with leather, mine will have a hard time selling

but thats why i would price my car under everyone else's :) less seat for less money and potentially going for that kid like me who just doesnt wanna spend 1k more to get a used one with leather!

i also don't forsee tons of cla45's for sale, let alone ones that have been built around 53k...

it seems (after my daily visits to this site) that the majority of cla45 owners will have cars speced from 56-60 . .

that 3k less up front (for me personally) will come back around wen im competing with them to sell, as im already ahead of them by 3k...

also . . with p1 and mm, i think my car comes closer to a level playing field

ughh

not getting anywhere! hate it!!

leaning towards mbtex as of now...

i also like the horizontal rows they have (leather does not)

--

its like red cut mbtex hehe

--

still no dash tho...

#24 ·
yes, i definitely thought that process thru b4...and you are 100% right - if the market is flooded with used ones with leather, mine will have a hard time selling

but thats why i would price my car under everyone else's :) less seat for less money and potentially going for that kid like me who just doesnt wanna spend 1k more to get a used one with leather!

i also don't forsee tons of cla45's for sale, let alone ones that have been built around 53k...

it seems (after my daily visits to this site) that the majority of cla45 owners will have cars speced from 56-60 . .

that 3k less up front (for me personally) will come back around wen im competing with them to sell, as im already ahead of them by 3k...

also . . with p1 and mm, i think my car comes closer to a level playing field

ughh

not getting anywhere! hate it!!

leaning towards mbtex as of now...

i also like the horizontal rows they have (leather does not)

--

its like red cut mbtex hehe

--

still no dash tho...
I struggled big time but now I am at peace with the seats. I am simply not going to go over $53k. I did see the Artico/Dinamica combo on the C-Class sport package with the red stitching and they look fine. MB Tex ( Artico ) looks like leather and the Dinamica inserts look like suede/alcantara. The leather option's selling point is not the seats. It's the dash and door with the full leather look. That you cannot beat.
And yes, you don't recover much of the option prices when you sell. My BMW has $12000 of option on it but the NADA wholesale price puts it at only $1000 more than a basic car with no option. The key is you get to enjoy all the nice options while you own the car. And it is easier to sell when you have all the goodies but not at much more money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.